ToEE: Air Node
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|ToEE: Air Node is the 4th quest in the Temple of Elemental Evil: Part Two .|
|The first four quests can be completed in any order to unlock ToEE: Depths of the Temple.|
|ToEE: Fire Node • ToEE: Water Node • ToEE: Earth Node • ToEE: Air Node • ToEE: Depths of the Temple|
Zuggtmoy created the Elemental Nodes as places where her cultists should draw on the power of the Elemental Planes.
|Requires access to : The Temple of Elemental Evil|
|ToEE: Air Node|
|Takes place in:||Lower Temple of Elemental Evil, Node of Air|
|Bestowed by:||Burne the Magic-user|
|NPC contact:||Burne the Magic-user|
|Quest acquired in:||Temple Grounds|
|Purchase:||The Temple of Elemental Evil or VIP|
Head into the Air Node to cleanse its shrine and take control of its power.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Cleanse the Shrine of Air
- Inspect the Stone Tablet
- Light the Gate Beacons (4)
- Defeat the Shrine's Guardian
- (Optional) Defeat 50 enemies in the Node — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat 100 enemies in the Node — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat 150 enemies in the Node — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find all of the Part One Audio Comments (3) — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Blue Dragon Twins — Bonus (25%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Break into the Dragon's Hoard — Bonus (40%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Lots of air bases enemies. Resistance against push and knockdown attacks might help.
Tips and Misc
- The red-named air elemental Tempest may appear in a pseudo-random location and leaves a chest. No optional is listed for this one.
- To break into the Dragon's Hoard, you need to use three runes (two behind secret doors and one found by search) and solve a puzzle.
- Aggression bonus: ~136 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: < 203 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: < 242 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Notes: As with all ToEE quests limits for kill bonuses might vary.
- Chests: 5
- chest for defeating Blue Dragon Twins
- chest for defeating red-named Air Elemental (multiple spawn points) (contains named items)
- 2 chests for optional Break into the Dragon's Hoard (one chest is locked; the unlocked chest is known to contain named items, but it is not clear if the locked chest does as well)
- End chest
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Dirgo Skysplitter ( view • )||Giant||Giant|
|Greater Air Mephit ( view • )||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Krikalkin ( view • )||Dragon||Blue Dragon|
|Nodeborn Air Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Air Elemental|
|Nodeborn Air Mephit ( view • )||Air Outsider||Mephit|
|Nodeborn Invisible Stalker ( view • )||Elemental||Invisible Stalker|
|Nodebound Djinni ( view • )||Air Outsider||Djinn|
|Shavratooth ( view • )||Dragon||Blue Dragon|
|Starved Griffon ( view • )||Magical Beast||Griffon|
|Tempest ( view • )||Elemental||Air Elemental|
|Temple Harpy ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Harpy|
|Will-o'-Wisp ( view • )||Aberration||Will o' Wisp|