Testcase: Just Business as of 2021-02-20, plus saga backlinks
Casper Tremont is worried that his daughter, Issabet, has gotten in over her head. Meet Casper in Dava Gate - perhaps you can learn what Lucian Vaunt is up to.
|Requires access to : Masterminds of Sharn|
|Takes place in:||Dava Gate*|
|Bestowed by:||Edwin Tremont|
|NPC contact:||Edwin Tremont|
|Quest acquired in:||Sharn - Clifftop Tower District|
|Patron:||Sharn City Council|
|Free to Play:||No|
Issabet Tremont is supposed to meet with Lucian Vaunt tonight, and she may be in danger. Casper, her father, wants you to help him keep tabs on Issabet during the meeting. take the skycoach to Dava Gate and meet Casper there. Tell him you want to take the three-silver tour.
- This dungeon is guest-narrated by Keith Baker.
- Make contact with Casper, the sky barge pilot
- Spy on Vaunt's meeting
- Gather your party on Casper's sky barge
- Survive the ambush
- Get to Issabet
- Speak to Casper
- Clear the way for Casper
- Clear Hapland's Bridge
- Survive the second Gnoll ambush
- Clear the bridge of goblin reinforcements
- Clear the wine shop
- Clear out the bomb bats and their sources
- Clear the book shop
- Clear the market
- Clear Tully Tower
- Destroy the gunship
- Destroy the gunship fleet
- Defeat Gish
- Hunt down and defeat Irk
- (Optional) Keep Casper from getting hurt — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Deal with old Scrappy — Bonus (5%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Sky Sleds maneuvering
- Defeat all enemies to continue mechanic
- Boss fight gimmick
- Several one-shot Elemental mine traps scattered around. They can be disabled as long as nobody's set them off yet.
- One electric at the foot of the stairs past Hapland's Bridge
- One electric outside both doors to the Wine Shop
- One electric just inside the Bookstore
- One fire followed by one electric followed by one cold as you start up the stairs in Tully Tower
Tips and Misc
- Gnolls on skysleds always drop them when they die; however, they frequently get tossed over the edge if you're fighting near it. There are also several sitting around various points.
- To mount a skysled, simply click on it. Maneuvering on one is similar to swimming.
- Skysleds last 4 minutes so be sure to keep an eye on your timer. The timer resets if you pick up another sled.
- It's possible to do the entire quest without touching a skysled... though getting back up to the path can be difficult.
- If you fall over the edge, there are generally ladders to get back up to the walkways.
- Enemy mobs are shown on the map as red dots, while Casper appears as a gold star.
- The window of the Bookstore can be shattered, and counts as a breakable.
- There are shrines, a chest, and a note explaining the lack of any City Watchmen inside their station.
- Gish can be very difficult for melees to deal with. He has a tumbling Dire Charge, uses Whirlwind Attack a great deal, and loves to flip back and forth around the battlefield. If whoever has his aggro puts their own back against a wall, it will at least stop the Dire Charge attack and keep Gish somewhat controlled.
- For fighting Irk, especially on high skulls, your best bet is to try to lure him to the west of the construction site to avoid summoned mobs. Several times during the fight he'll run away - do not chase him! He's dropping mines.
- Old Scrappy can be found in a storeroom west of Tully Tower; defeating him will spawn a shrine. There are also several skysleds in the room.
- Aggression bonus: 93 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 120 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 36 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 47 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: ~58 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: In order to get Ransack, be sure to run around the Construction Site. You'll have time to do this after defeating Irk.
- Chests: 3
- Collectables: 5
- Rubble below Hapland's Bridge, to the southeast.
- Adventurer's Pack on a walkway halfway between the Wine Shop and the Bookstore; you must drop down to get it.
- Three Bookshelves in the Bookstore
- Rubble in the mucky water west of the Bookstore
- Rubble below Tully Tower, to the southeast
- Rubble northwest of Tully Tower (actually off the map, and west of - though far below - the shrines in the City Watch station).
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
- No monsters defined for this quest.
- Dev server preview footage: