> If you hit your target while getting a (non-modified) d20 roll within your weapon's threat range
So pretty much only low-level (low-BAB) characters with horrid strength ever have to worry about this part? Roll a 20 and as long as your roll of 20 + (all relevant bonuses) is not, say, 18 or lower on a 19-20 threat weapon? This seems like an incredibly clumsy mechanic just to kick a few low-level casters in the gelatinous cubes when they stab with a rusty dagger.
I'm not sure what is confusing you, but d20 roll means a random number between 1 and 20 and non-modified means not considering any bonuses such as strength. So you just roll one 20-sided die and compare the result to your weapon's threat range. The confirmation roll is where your attack bonus is important.
Burst Effects vs. No Crit Creature Types
Do Critical damage effects work on creatures that are immune to Criticals? E.g. Acid Burst, Holy Burst, or Ribcracker vs. a Skeleton? I'd assume they don't, but saw someone put Holy Burst on an Undead Bane weapon once.
Thearcher (Contributions • Message) 11:16, September 3, 2013 (EDT)
- AFAIK they actually do but I don't have a quote or screen shot ready.
--Cru121 (Contributions • Message) 11:23, September 3, 2013 (EDT)
- Yep, that was me. I'm an idiot :)
Snake (Contributions • Message) 13:59, September 3, 2013 (EDT)
Several other pages are largely redundant with sections of this page, and could perhaps be merged in: Threat range, Confirmation roll, and Critical hit multiplier. (Threat range#Named weapons is redundant with Category:Weapons with non-standard crit profiles.) An argument could be made for having a separate page, or perhaps a subpage, along the lines of Ways to increase critical threat/multiplier. Likewise, Weapon damage comparison may warrant its own page, perhaps as a subpage of Weapon. ⇒ Hoopy Froodle (Contribs • Message • Email) 09:11, April 18, 2018 (EDT)
- Keep: brief definition ; ways to increase
- Delete/link: info about basic weapons; info about special named weapons
- I personally don't think these pages should be merged, but I'm on the wrong account while doing DDOwiki Talk, so I'll have to come back and detail my thoughts in a bit. ⇒ DDOstream (Contribs • Message • Email) 10:56, April 18, 2018 (EDT)
- I guess the merger was not passed, so I am removing the merge suggestion notice. ⇒ Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 03:01, August 13, 2020 (EDT)