Item:Stone of Experience
Please help improve this page.
You can help by editing this page. For suggestions, please see the talk page, or embedded <!-- comments --> while .
The Stone of Experience is a special item that gives a character about 2 million experience points.
The current Stones give about 2,000,000 heroic or epic base experience points, but is affected by XP boosts (XP boost weekends only affect the VIP bonus). However, the heroic version hard cap at level 20, while the epic versions can only be taken after level 20. Further, only one stone can be used per life. The current version of the stone has no more class restrictions on Druid levels.
This stone is included in the Heroic & Epic Otto's Box which can be bought in the DDO Store for a limited amount of time. In the past, those boxes reappeared in an interval of about 3 months with the latest being the sale in December 2017 slated to end January 1st, 2018.
While certain players may still have versions mentioned below, they are not attainable anymore in that form.
Menace of the Underdark bundle (January 2012, Level 8 to 16 version)
Players who purchased Menace of the Underdark and were level 16 or higher were eligible to receive Stones of Experience from a special NPC, Braddack Bouldershoulder, in the Harbor near the Marketplace entrance. This version of Stone of Experience could only be used once per account and game server. Promotion ended upon the release of Update 15. At that time, all Stones of Experience were supposed to vanish (but some didn't, most notably the stones in Account Bank and TR cache).
Players were granted stones based on their Menace of the Underdark purchase:
- Base Edition = Two Stones
- Standard Edition = Three Stones
- Collector’s Edition = Five Stones
Otto's Irresistible Box (history) (December 2012, Level 8 to 16 version)
Stones of Experience temporarily returned to the game as part of a limited time DDO Store item package. One Stone was included in each box. Some problems involving their use were remedied by the Update 16 Patch 1 Hotfix.
The stones can be traded, however, only the person who opens the box can actually use the stone (on own character or a different one).
|Originally Posted by on December 17, 2012 |
The stone of experience from the Holiday Box can indeed be used by characters who have previously true reincarnated or used a stone of experience before.
Bigby's Handy Box (July 2013, Level 7 to 15 version)
|Originally Posted by Cordovan (Contribs • Message • Email • ) on July 3, 2013|
Bonus sources of XP do not stack with the Stone of Experience provided in the Bigby's Handy Box.
These new stones are BtA, not affected by XP bonuses as old stones are, and are not usable on other characters as old stones are: SELF USE ONLY.
The Stones can be used on one's own character or shared with other players who meet the minimum requirements.
- To activate a Stone one oneself, one double-clicks it from inventory.
- To activate a Stone on someone else, the Stone must be dragged to a shortcut bar and clicked once the fellow party member has the focus (much like Adventure Guest Passes are granted.)
- Stones can be mailed, traded, transmitted by shared bank but not sold to vendors nor auctioned.
- Stones have minimum level of 8 to activate.
- Must be in a public place.
- Must be in a party. (after U14)
- Special conditions associated with the Menace of the Underdark bundle
- The first time a Stone was used for another player, the owner received a bonus Stone through in-game mail.
- The third time a Stone was used for another player, the owner received an exclusive Snow Panther cub creature companion.
- Prior to Update 14, Stones of Experience could be used on anyone of appropriate level met in public places, irrelevant to party membership. This caused much trouble among unaware players as some tried to distribute their Stones randomly just to get the Snow Panther cub.
- The Stone could not be used on Druids. Druids had just been introduced and had to progress through all levels normally.
|Originally Posted by Cordovan (Contribs • Message • Email • ) on June 4, 2012|
The Stone of Shared Experience does not work on a Druid.
- The XP granted is what is necessary to reach the target level from the character's current XP, i.e., the character benefits most from using the Stone just after reaching the minimum level.
- The TR status is considered, i.e., the amount of XP granted is higher on characters in their second, third, or subsequent life.
- Effects that increase the amount of incoming experience, such as Voice of the Master or Experience Elixirs, increase the level 16 version Stone's benefit ( ). They don't increase the level 15 version benefit. Bonus weekend XP bonus has no effect on this as well.
|Version||Character Status||Starting Level
|With 70% XP bonus applied *|
|(A)||(B)||(B) - (A) = (C)||(C) * 1.7 = (D)||(A) + (D)|
|Level 8→16||1st Life/Non TR||270,000||1,200,000||930,000||1,581,000||1,851,000 (rank 94)|
|2nd Life/1st TR||339,250||1,824,250||1,485,000||2,524,500||2,863,750 (rank 93)|
|3rd Life/2nd TR||408,500||2,448,500||2,040,000||3,468,000||3,876,500 (rank 91)|
|Level 7→15||1st Life/Non TR||200,000||1,050,000||850,000||N/A|
|2nd Life/1st TR||244,750||1,561,750||1,317,000||N/A|
|3rd Life/2nd TR||289,500||2,073,500||1,784,000||N/A|
|heroic 2 million exp version||1st Life/Non TR||0||1,900,000||1,900,000(cap)||N/A|
|2nd Life/1st TR||0||2,000,000||2,000,000||2,850,000 (cap)|
|3rd Life/2nd TR||0||2,000,000||2,000,000||3,400,000|
|epic 2 million exp version||any life||0||2,000,000||2,000,000||3,400,000|
Stones of Experience used during the Build Your Guild event (April 19, 2012 - June 14, 2012) did grant +10% XP bonus but did not grant Guild Bounties (Guild Renown bonus) when characters reached levels 12 and 16.