Gender: Male or Female
Location: The Harbor
Description: Refugees are flooding into Stormreach Harbor from far and wide. Some are fleeing the Orc invasion of the Cerulean Hills while others come all the way from Khorvaire after their homes were destroyed during the "Last War." However, they all are looking to Stormreach as their last hope.
Male refugee standing with woman on Lighthouse Island:
- Refugee: Do you see? Across the water on the cliff, the giant statue! It's the "Emperor" of Stormreach!
Female refugee standing with man on Lighthouse Island:
- Refugee: Look, it's Stormreach! We finally made it!
- Refugee: I am truly in your debt. I can now start my new life, thanks to you!
- Refugee: Oh, thank you! I don't know how we would have payed off that horrid guard!
- Refugee: Is everyone in Stormreach so corrupt?
- Refugee: Even though we've just arrived, we have to bribe the guard to let us enter Stormreach!
Refugees on Lighthouse Island without unique dialogue say the following things:
- Refugee: I'm getting a fresh start in Stormreach. Can you believe it? Well, a new start as soon as the guards let me through.
- Refugee: When we were arriving on the ship, we saw the "Emperor" statue before we could see the city itself. That's what they say, everyone sees the Emperor first.
- Refugee: The guards say a dragon was sinking ships headed to Stormreach, but then a powerful adventurer defeated it. Guess I owe my life to that adventurer.
- Refugee: My brother lives in Stormreach. He says I can stay with him until I get my feet under me.
- Refugee: My da used to tell me stories of Stormreach, of the great Coin Lords and mighty adventurers...
- Refugee: My word, did you see that thing flying around? That's one of those new airships! One day, I'm going to own my own airship!
- Refugee: I'm so glad to be on solid ground again! The voyage here nearly made me retch up my stomach!
- Refugee: I thank the Sovereign Host that Stormreach is taking in refugees. I don't know what I would have done otherwise.
- Refugee: My home in Khorvaire got destroyed in the Last War. I'm hoping to make a new home here in Stormreach.
Refugees near the entrance to the Cerulean Hills without unique dialogue say the following things:
- Refugee: We farmers are poor, so we can't even hire an adventurer to help us....
- Refugee: We're just farmers. When they attack, we were defenseless!
- Refugee: The Orcs cut down my family, right in front of me....
- Refugee: How are the farmers in the Cerulean Hills supposed provide[sic] Stormreach with food if they won't protect us?
- Refugee: The City Guard says anything outside the city walls ain't their problem. But then who's gonna help us?!?
- Refugee: Lady Azdel was going to talk to the Coin Lords - get them to send someone to help the Cerulean Hills farmers. But now she's been taken by the Orcs!
Female refugee laying down near entrance to the Cerulean Hills:
- Refugee: I'm fine... just a scratch... just gotta catch my breath... (cough)