The Red Fens
|450 Requires access to : The Red Fens|
For years the Raveneye Clan has sold rare pearls to House Kundarak, but now their home is under attack. Repel the invasion by battling the denizens of a vast and dangerous swamp, then take the fight to the enemy's underwater base in a climactic finale!
Sahuagin have attacked the Red Fens, virtually wiping out the Drow clan that lives in the swamp.
This is a level 9 Wilderness Adventure Area, allowing characters from levels 6 through 13 for full XP gain. Exceeding the maximum character level requirement will reduce XP gain from Rare Encounter / Slayer / Explorer quests.
Within the wilderness are a chain of 4 Level 9 quests (Epic Level 21).
Raveneye Refuge Camp
- Lizardtail, General supply vendor
- Dagni d'Kundarak - Pearl Collector
- Altar of Vulkoor crafting device
- Rest and resurrection shrine (regular 15mins timer) - no tavern in the area
- Craneclaw - Bestows the quest Fathom the Depths
- Croaker - Bestows the quest The Claw of Vulkoor
- Gullwing - Bestows the quest The Last Stand
- Ravenwing - Bestows the quest The Sahuagin Stronghold
- Ta Prin - (Not actually in camp) Bestows the quest Into the Deep - requires all 3 quests above
|Quest Name||Quest Level||Total Favor||Casual XP||Normal XP||Hard XP||Elite XP||Patron|
|Fathom the Depths*||9, 21||15||2263||3988||4187||4386||House Kundarak|
|The Claw of Vulkoor*||9, 21||12||1590||2860||2950||3164||House Kundarak|
|The Last Stand*||9, 21||12||1284||2260||2373||2486||House Kundarak|
|Into the Deep||9, 21||15||2508||4420||4641||4862||House Kundarak|
|Total||4 Quests||54 Favor||7654||13528||14151||14898|
- * Note: These 3 quests must be completed (and turned in), in any order, to flag for the last quest, Into the Deep. You cannot red-door the final quest.
The Red Fens is the source of some very good mid-level two-part gear sets. Red Fens Unique Loot.
Note: Named items that can appear on this each individual quests end reward list will have a 100% chance of appearing on every third completion of that specific quest.
- Slay 10 creatures in The Red Fens: 405 XP = 40.5 xp/kill
- Slay 25 creatures in The Red Fens: 553 XP = 36.87 xp/kill
- Slay 50 creatures in The Red Fens: 765 XP = 30.6 xp/kill
- Slay 100 creatures in The Red Fens: 1,170 XP = 23.4 xp/kill
- Slay 200 creatures in The Red Fens: 1,935 XP = 19.35 xp/kill
- Slay 400 creatures in The Red Fens: 3,465 XP = 17.33 xp/kill
- Slay 750 creatures in The Red Fens: 5,895 XP = 16.84 xp/kill
- Slay 1,500 creatures in The Red Fens: 12,420 XP = 16.56 xp/kill
- Slay 3,000 creatures in The Red Fens: 25,335 XP = 16.89 xp/kill
- Slay 5,000 creatures in The Red Fens: 35,325 XP = 17.66 xp/kill
- Slay 7,500 creatures in The Red Fens: 46,215 XP = 18.49 xp/kill
There are approximately 157 (range 153-162) monsters in each instance of the wilderness, requiring a minimum of 48 instances to complete the 7,500 creature slayer objective.
Each Rare Encounter is worth 600 XP, with a bonus of 3,600 XP for defeating all of them. These are random encounters: it may take several retries to get them to spawn.
- Slay Gorger the carrion eater
- Slay Beacon the will-o'-wisp
- Slay Sharkbiter the scrag
- Slay Fencreeper the swamp stalker
- Slay Crooktooth the swamp raider
- Slay Mudfoot the hill giant
- Slay Riptide the water elemental
- Slay Chokebriar the vine stalker
- Slay Anogoreth the abishai (collect the three crests and use at the Red Tree)
- Slay the sahuagin captain Kar Xyr
- Slay the sahuagin captain Nab Ren
- Slay the sahuagin captain Vyx Ka
Each Explorer is worth 300 XP, with a bonus of 900 XP for finding all of them.
- Find the Raveneye village
- Reach the top of the ziggurat
- Find the inlet overlook
- Find the mudpot
- Explore the giant mushroom forest
- Find the great red tree
- Explore the dank cave
- Find the Fire Giants' territory
- Find the hidden waterfall
- Climb the highest mushroom
- Find the lone adventurer
- Find the hunting platform
Monsters in the zone not found on the rare encounters list.