All adventure packs are free for a limited time! Until April 23, use the code
DUNGEONCRAWL in the DDO Store to unlock a plethora of free quests!
More info: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl
Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Raid the Vulkoorim
The Vulkoorim are the high priests of the scorrow, the chosen ones of Vulkoor the Wrathful.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|Raid the Vulkoorim|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,200Solo/Casual ♦2,100Normal ♥2,199Hard ♠2,300Elite|
|Takes place in:||Vulkoorim Creche|
|Bestowed by:||(Wilderness area walk-up)|
|NPC contact:||Wayfinder Skavyr|
|Quest acquired in:||Sands of Menechtarun|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Purchase:||Demon Sands or VIP|
While exploring the Menechtarun, you located the Vulkoorim Creche. Legend has it that the Vulkoorim breed their pet scorpions and offspring alike in this deadly warren. Descend into the Vulkoorim Creche, destroy these evil hatchlings, and ransack the treasures of the Vulkoorim.
- This quest is referred to as "Spawn of Vulkoor" in the quest journal.
- This is a walk-up quest and the reward NPC is located in Zawabi's Refuge - northwest of the bank.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Locate the Southern Breeding Pits
- Locate the Eastern Breeding Pits
- Slay the Vulkoorim Shepherd
- Kill the Spawn of Vulkoor - 6 total
- (Optional) Kill Skarrith the Sanctifier — Bonus (15%): Heroic( ♣180 ♦315 ♥330 ♠345 )
- (Optional) Kill Gloom's Huntress, the scorpion brood-queen — Bonus (15%): Heroic( ♣180 ♦315 ♥330 ♠345 )
- (Optional) Kill Wrathspawn, the scorpion consort — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣120 ♦210 ♥220 ♠230 )
- (Optional) Kill huntmaster Rohragheen — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣120 ♦210 ♥220 ♠230 )
- (Optional) Defeat the Gnoll Raiding Party - 5 total — Bonus (5%): Heroic( ♣60 ♦105 ♥110 ♠115 )
Tips and Misc
- Useful buffs:
- Fire, Sonic
- Useful spells:
- Blade Barrier is very effective in this quest, as a strong, well-placed blade barrier can clear out an entire breeding pit quickly, even on elite.
- Remove Disease or Heal is useful as the scorpions have a special disease called "vulkoor implant" which will do constant damage over time (2d6 evil damage on a failed fortitude save every 30 seconds). This will not be removed by completing the quest, so have a way to deal with it.
- There are no shrines in this quest and there are numerous Scorrow. Scorrow use Dispel Magic a lot and any buffs you have are more than likely to be stripped from you, so try to conserve spell points. Scorrow also like to cast Blade Barrier.
- The quest is linear until you get to the 4-way intersection. At this point, the objectives and optional are obvious:
- The southern and eastern breeding pits are (not surprisingly) south and east.
- The optional gnoll raiding party is west.
- Only the first five gnolls you encounter count towards the Gnoll Raiding Party optional.
- Scorpion Rooms
- Kill off the hatchlings, pull the levers and then dispatch the scorpions.
- The scorpion rooms require two levers to be activated simultaneously. It is recommended that at least 2 people do this quest (or use a pet or hireling).
- It can be done solo but takes good timing. Good idea is to pull one lever while turned towards the other. Target the other while pulling the first (right mouse button or Q key, with default binds), and right after you're done pulling, make a quick step (to reset "action cooldown") and pull (by pressing E key, or clicking the lever).
- The other four optionals are random but have a very high chance to appear.
- Collect your end reward from Skayvr in Zawabi's Refuge.
- Aggression bonus: 51 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣120 ♦210 ♥220 ♠230 )
- Onslaught bonus: 67 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣180 ♦315 ♥330 ♠345 )
- Conquest bonus: 82 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣300 ♦525 ♥550 ♠575 )
- Mischief bonus: 6 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣96 ♦168 ♥176 ♠184 )
- Vandal bonus: 8 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣120 ♦210 ♥220 ♠230 )
- Chests: Two
- One randomly placed (check map for possible locations)
- One chest for killing the Gnoll raiding party (also randomly placed)
- Collectables: Three
- Moss in the western area with the gnolls, southeast corner of the intersection
- Moss in the eastern lobe of the eastern breeding pits
- Moss in the southern breeding pits, southwest corner of the intersection
- NPC rewards: Random item; choose from 7
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Gloom's Huntress ( view • edit )||♠16Elite||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Hatchling ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♥7Hard ♠10Elite||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Huntsmaster Rohragheenu ( view • edit )||♦12Normal ♥14Hard ♠17Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Skarrith the Sanctifier ( view • edit )||♦13Normal ♥15Hard ♠18Elite||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|
|Spawn of Vulkoor ( view • edit )||♦12Normal ♥14Hard ♠17Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard ●♠46Epic Elite||Evil Outsider||Scorpion|
|Vulkoorim Adept ( view • edit )||♦9Normal ♥11Hard ♠14Elite ●♦21Epic Normal ●♥29Epic Hard ●♠44Epic Elite||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|
|Vulkoorim Dervish ( view • edit )||♦12Normal ♥14Hard ♠17Elite ●♦23Epic Normal ●♥32Epic Hard ●♠48Epic Elite||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|
|Vulkoorim Priest ( view • edit )||♦10Normal ♥12Hard ♠13Elite ●♦21Epic Normal ●♥29Epic Hard ●♠44Epic Elite||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|
|Vulkoorim Prophet ( view • edit )||♦13Normal ♥15Hard ♠18Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard ●♠46Epic Elite||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|
|Vulkoorim Shepherd ( view • edit )||♦12Normal ♥14Hard ♠17Elite||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|
|Windlasher Aeromancer ( view • edit )||♦12Normal ♥14Hard ♠17Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Windlasher Berserker ( view • edit )||♦10Normal ♥12Hard ♠15Elite ●♦21Epic Normal ●♥29Epic Hard ●♠44Epic Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Windlasher Evoker ( view • edit )||♥10Hard ♠13Elite ●♦20Epic Normal ●♥28Epic Hard ●♠43Epic Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Windlasher Gnoll ( view • edit )||♦8Normal ♥10Hard ♠13Elite ●♦19Epic Normal ●♥27Epic Hard ●♠40Epic Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Windlasher Harrier ( view • edit )||♦10Normal ♥12Hard ♠15Elite ●♦21Epic Normal ●♥29Epic Hard ●♠44Epic Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Windlasher Shaman ( view • edit )||♦8Normal||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Wrathspawn ( view • edit )||♦11Normal ♥13Hard ♠16Elite||Evil Outsider||Scorpion|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Quests with no traps
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Demon Sands quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Long quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 6 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 11 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > Zawabi's Refuge quests > Sands of Menechtarun quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Free Agents patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Vulkoorim Creche quests