Raid the Vulkoorim
The Vulkoorim are the high priests of the scorrow, the chosen ones of Vulkoor the Wrathful.
|Requires access to : Demon Sands|
|Raid the Vulkoorim|
|Takes place in:||Vulkoorim Creche|
|Bestowed by:||(Wilderness area walk-up)|
|NPC contact:||Wayfinder Skavyr|
|Quest acquired in:||Sands of Menechtarun|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
While exploring the Menechtarun, you located the Vulkoorim Creche. Legend has it that the Vulkoorim breed their pet scorpions and offspring alike in this deadly warren. Descend into the Vulkoorim Creche, destroy these evil hatchlings, and ransack the treasures of the Vulkoorim.
- This quest is referred to as "Spawn of Vulkoor" in the quest journal.
- This is a walk-up quest and the reward NPC is located in Zawabi's Refuge - northwest of the bank.
- Locate the Southern Breeding Pits
- Locate the Eastern Breeding Pits
- Slay the Vulkoorim Shepherd
- Kill the Spawn of Vulkoor - 6 total
- (Optional) Kill Skarrith the Sanctifier — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Gloom's Huntress, the scorpion brood-queen — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill Wrathspawn, the scorpion consort — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill huntmaster Rohragheen — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Defeat the Gnoll Raiding Party - 5 total — Bonus (5%): Heroic
Tips and Misc
- Useful buffs:
- Fire, Sonic
- There are no shrines in this quest and there are numerous Scorrow. Scorrow use Dispel Magic a lot and any buffs you have are more than likely to be stripped from you, so try to conserve spell points. Scorrow also like to cast Blade Barrier.
- The quest is linear, until you get to an intersection with 3 directions. At this point, the objectives regarding the gnoll raiding party and breeding pits should have appeared, so you can correctly deduce that the gnolls are to the west. Go and kill the gnolls in the three alcoves for an extra chest (which may appear in the scorpion breeding pits), then come back and deal with the scorpions. The scorpion breeding pits also have three alcoves; kill off the hatchlings, pull the levers and then dispatch the scorpions.
- The rooms which have the required Spawn of Vulkoor require two levers to be activated simultaneously. It is recommended that at least 2 people do this quest (or use a hireling). It can be done solo but takes good timing. Good idea is to pull one lever while turned towards the other. Target the other while pulling the first (right mouse button or Q key, with deafult binds), and right after you're done pulling, make a quick step (to reset "action cooldown") and pull (by pressing E key, or clicking the lever).
- Useful spells:
- Blade Barrier is very effective in this quest, as a well placed blade barrier will clear out an entire breeding pit quickly, even on elite - if placed by a strong clr/fvs with maximize/empower.
- Remove Disease or Heal is useful as the scorpions have a special disease called "vulkoor implant" which will do constant damage over time (2d6 evil damage on a failed fortitude save every 30 seconds). This won't even be removed by completing the quest, so have a way to deal with it.
- Only the first five gnolls you encounter count towards the Gnoll Raiding Party optional.
- The other four optionals are random but have a very high chance to appear.
- Collect your end reward from Skayvr in Zawabi's Refuge.
- Aggression bonus: 51 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 67 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 82 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 6 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 8 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: Two
- One randomly placed (check map for possible locations)
- One chest for killing the Gnoll raiding party (also randomly placed)
- Collectables: Three
- Moss in the western area with the gnolls, southeast corner of the intersection
- Moss in the eastern lobe of the eastern breeding pits
- Moss in the southern breeding pits, southwest corner of the intersection
- NPC rewards: Random item; choose from 7