Niac's Cold Ray
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Name:||Niac's Cold Ray|
|Spell Level:||Sor/Wiz 1|
|Components:||, , ,|
|SLA:||Water Savant Tier 1 (Sor);|
|Spell Point Cost:||4|
|Metamagic:||Empower, Eschew, Heighten, Maximize, Quicken|
|Target:||Foe, Directional, Breakable|
|Saving Throw:||Reflex save negates damage|
|Cooldown:||2 seconds (Wiz), 1.5 second (Sor)|
A ray of freezing ice and air projects from your finger dealing 1d5+5 cold damage per caster level (Maximum damage 5d5+25 at caster level 5). This ray has double spell range. A successful Reflex save negates damage.
- This is a projectile attack. You might not hit your intended target if it is moving too fast, or moves behind a wall or another object. If another hostile creature is in the way, the spell will hit that creature instead.
- Features a very fast casting animation (near instant if quickened), and free double range like most ray spells.
- This spell is the highest damage dealer in the beginner levels if supported by a very high conjuration DC and metamagic feats. Should you be able to land it consistantly, it will be able to destroy most starter enemies (i.e: CR1-4 Sahuagins, Cultists, Kobolds, Orcs) in a single shot. However, all ice mephits and the named Ice Spiders on Korthos Island are immune to cold damage, while regular ice spiders are resistant.
- Lorna Wyrmtouched <Arcane Scroll Vendor - Level 1> found in The Marketplace Bazaar in The Marketplace
- Relf Thurman <Arcane Scroll Vendor - Level 1> found in The Portable Hole in The Portable Hole