From DDO wiki
Mysterious altars are in-quest sources of powerful buffs.
- Clicking the altar buffs your character and hirelings if they are ordered to use it.
- The buffs act like the classic ship buffs in that they cannot be dispelled, persist though rest, disappear on death/leaving quest, and have a 1-hour duration.
- Altars have a (?) minutes cooldown (per person) before they can be used again; all group members (including hirelings) can benefit from the effect at the same time.
- 33 Melee, Ranged and Spell Power
- PRR, MRR, HP (Heroic: ~10 PRR and MRR and HP depends on your level; Epic: 610-852HP, ~83MRR, 56-81PRR)
- elemental absorption, additional elemental damage equal to double your character level on attacks and spells, additional spell power (did not see any on heroics) (elemental absorbtion is probably 20% (heroics))
- Fountain of Wonder
- as Potion of Wonder
Locations that include mysterious altars
- These two quests feature randomly spawning mysterious altars. There is a lockbox near any altar containing ToEE Crafting ingredients.
- A mysterious altar of defense spawns in a random location.
- Randomly located