Lava Caves: Colossal Crystals - EPIC
|Requires access to : Vaults of the Artificers|
(Note: This does NOT mean it requires purchase of anything, you may play with free daily tokens.)
|Lava Caves: Colossal Crystals - EPIC|
|Duration:||Variable time limit|
|Base XP Range:||3,990=?|
|Takes place in:||Lava Caves|
|Challenge entrance(s) in:||House Cannith|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Average|
Countless crystal deposits can be found inside this vast network of blistering hot caves.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Collect one Progenitor Crystal
- (Optional) Collect all three Progenitor Crystals
- (Optional) Resurrect 12 dead kobolds
- (Optional) Do not disable any Security Wards
- (Optional) Clear the Giant Encampment out of the Arena
Note: You must complete the first star objective to receive experience & rewards from this Challenge.
None, however exploding purple crystals count as force traps, and the lava caves obviously feature lava, which can be a deadly obstacle sometimes.
Tips and Misc
- The monsters for this Challenge are meant for very experienced players. You must be level 21 or higher to enter this Challenge.
- Epic Challenges offer alternate rewards that can upgrade Challenge loot into its Epic version.
- Although the challenge is called "epic" and offers epic-level rewards, that's about where the comparison to other epic quests stop. Challenges do not feature epic difficulty. Examples: No monsters possess Epic Ward, traps do not deal as much damage as other epic quests, there are no repeat timers, shrines reset, re-entry is allowed (within 3 minutes), epic fragments and tokens do not drop, and other non-epic rules are present. They are essentially Normal difficulty, with some tweaks to make them more challenging.
- The main technical differences are enemies gain deathblock and a lot more hp when compared to the lvl20 version of the same challenge.
- Like the other Kobold Mining Union challenges, your Crystal Cove Pirate Hats will buff the Kobolds.
- Completing this Challenge will get you Jade Scorpions.
- In this Crystal Cove-like Challenge, you must collect at least one special Progenitor Crystal, which can be found in each of three unmapped caves (entrances have been marked as arrows on the map provided here).
- The Progenitor Crystals are behind gates and warded with security traps. If you don't disable the trap, a massive spawn of enemies will appear when the progenitor crystal is acquired to assault the kobold who has it. If you do disable it, the spawn of enemies will be much smaller in numbers.
- The gates can be unlocked using corresponding crests (Scorpion, Bat, and Octopus). While the specific crest required for each gate does not change, the locations of the crests do. (For example: the gate opened by the Octopus crest will always be in the cave below the waterfall, but you still have to find the Octopus crest first.)
- The security wards can be disabled using the Security Ward Crest in the corresponding crest just outside whichever gate you are accessing.
- The Progenitor Crystals are too big to fit through a regular teleporter or dimension door, however kobolds carrying big crystals will be able to use teleporters placed inside a circle of power (i.e. "big enough to let a giant through" per Dorris' description)."
- Additionally, the kobold carrying it will move slower and be very frequently targeted by enemy attacks.
- Tip: Casting 'heal' and 'haste' spells (plus other buffs) on that kobold is a very useful strategy.
- Picking up a Progenitor Crystal will add 2 minutes to your clock. They're worth 100 green crystals.
- Placing a Kobold teleporter into a Circle of Power will turn it into a two-way teleporter, usable by kobolds, players, and monsters.
- Initial Duration: 15 Minutes
- May be increased by 2 minutes for each Progenitor crystal you have a kobold pick up, for up to a total of 21 minutes if you manage to acquire all three.
- May be increased by a maximum of 1 minute, via the minute of time watch, for up to a total of 22 minutes.
- Chests: One supply chest - Slay the red named Cloud Giant for it.
- Various Drow
- Various Wolves
- Orange Named Hill Giant Shaman