This article is underlinked:
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. Please help improve this article by adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text. (February 2016)
Name: Laurent Chastel
Bestows Quest(s): The Legend of Two-Toed Tobias
Affiliation(s): The Free Agents
Location: Barrel's Bottom
Description: <Three Barrel Cove Resident>
If you try to talk to him while at level 2 or lower, he will reply:
- Laurent Chastel: Listen... Do you hear that wail, coming from outside camp? That's Two Toed Tobias.
If you are at level 3 or higher, however, he will reply:
- Laurent Chastel: laurent sizes you up and snickers to himself, Ever hear the Legend of Two Toed Tobias?
- You: No, I have not.
- Laurent Chastel: well, it's a popular tale 'round these parts. Tobias Warbuckle was a mighty pirate captain. Ships would turn over their cargo at the mere mention of his name. Even Garl the Gray stayed out of his way!
- You: What happened to him?
- Laurent Chastel: Intrigued, are you? His crew mutinied, murdering him for all the gold in his cargo hold. With his dying breath, Tobias vowed revenge... and he took the souls of his entire crew. They say you can still hear him howling for vengeance from the lighthouse outside of camp.
- You: Did you say a hold full of gold? I'll be back to tell you a tale of my victory. (Bestow quest)
- Laurent Chastel: Laurent chuckles, Good luck finding Two Toed Tobias!
Talking to him after acquiring the quest, but before completion, will make him say:
- Laurent Chastel: Laurent tries to hold back his laughter, Did you find him yet? Two Toed Tobias is out there somewhere.
- You: No, I have yet to find him.
- Laurent Chastel: Laurent composes himself long enough to say, Now, don't come back until you've found him!
On completion of quest, he will congratulate you with the following:
- Laurent Chastel: Laurent smirks, Didn't find him huh? You should go back and look harder.
- You: Oh no, I did find him.
- Laurent Chastel: What?! That's impossible, because he doesn't exist! You delusional adventurers are so gullible. You'll believe anything, as long as there's a reward affixed to the end. It's just an urban legens, a hoax.
- You: It was no urban legend. Do you still hear wailing coming from the lighthouse? Me neither.
- Laurent Chastel: Laurent's face turns white. Here, just take this and be gone. I never want to see you again. Leave, now!
- You: You smile at Laurent and grab your reward.
After completing the quest and take the reward, if you talk to him again, he will reply:
- Laurent Chastel: I still don't believe your story. He isn't real.