Gnolls are hyena-headed, evil humanoids of the Gnoll type that wander in loose tribes.
Most gnolls have dirty yellow or reddish-brown fur. A gnoll is a nocturnal carnivore, preferring intelligent creatures for food because they scream more. A gnoll is about 7½ feet tall and weighs 300 pounds. Gnolls speak Gnoll.
Gnolls like to attack when they have the advantage of numbers, using horde tactics and their physical strength to overwhelm and knock down their opponents. They show little discipline when fighting unless they have a strong leader; at such times, they can maintain ranks and fight as a unit.
Gnolls As Characters
The following is information from pen and paper, as gnolls aren't a playable race in DDO. However it contains some useful information that partially applies to the game.
- Strength +4, Constitution +2, Intelligence -2, Charisma -2.
- Size Medium.
- A gnoll’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A gnoll begins with two levels of humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +0, and Will +0.
- Racial Skills: A gnoll’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Listen and Spot.
- Racial Feats: A gnoll’s humanoid levels give it one feat.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- Automatic Languages: Gnoll. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Orc.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level adjustment +1.
Gnolls can be virtually any class, including arcane and divine spellcasters, archers, and melee fighters.
Creature Entries (97)
<ncl>Gnoll race monsters</ncl>