Gain the spell Hellball:
- Deal 3d20 + 15 acid, electric, fire, and sonic damage to enemies in an area. Successful Reflex saving throws may negate each type of damage.
|School:||Evocation (Acid) (Cold) (Fire) (Electricity) (Sonic)|
|Special:||Epic Destiny feat, level 25|
|Spell Point Cost:||45|
|Metamagic:||Empower, Maximize, Quicken|
|Target:||Self, Foe, Directional, Breakable|
|Saving Throw:||Reflex save for half|
Official description: Deal 3d20 + 15 acid, electric, fire, and sonic damage to enemies in an area. Successful Reflex saving throws may negate each type of damage. Taking this feat provides two versions, one based on Charisma and another based on Intelligence.
- Bug: The feat description has incorrect damage and SP cost; however, the Charisma and Intelligence versions it provides are correct.
- Hellball is only subject to 1 reflex save. If a mob saves, all damage elements are halved. If they don't save you get the full damage on all elements. Now, when they don't save you get the fire, electric, acid, and sonic damage. However, when they do save, you get fire, electric, acid, sonic, and cold damage. Each proc is at half damage of course, but you get the extra cold damage inflicted.
- The DC does not follow the given formula in the spell description. It is higher. Evocation mastery does not affect hellball DC.
- Using metamagic feats increases the cost as usual for spells.
- Not subject to evasion
- It has a slow travel time, but it does go around corners.
- This spell only procs once for a chance at Shiradi effects. It works exactly as a Delayed Blast Fireball.
- Like other regular spells (and unlike Ruin which does not), Hellball will proc the effects of bonus damage such as the Lantern Ring and Resonation.
- External links: