Globe of Invulnerability
|Name:||Globe of Invulnerability|
|Level:||Art 6, Sor/Wiz 6, Wlk 5|
|Spell Point Cost:||35|
|Components:||Crushed Black Pearl), , (|
|Metamagic:||Eschew, Extend, Quicken|
An immobile, faintly shimmering magical sphere surrounds you and excludes all spell effects of level 4 and lower. Such spells fail to target anyone located within the globe, but any type of spell can be cast through or out of the magical globe.
- Area of effect size: Creates a globe centered on the caster that covers about half the size of the standard AOE.
- Essentially this spell negates on-going buffs and de-buffs while you or creatures are inside it. It also protects against/prevents any de-buffs/buffs from affecting targets within in. Once you leave the orb, ongoing buffs you had prior to entering will return, but ones cast on you while in the orb will not suddenly appear.
- The spells and SLAs it blocks are based on the type of caster casting them (e.g. It would protect from Flame Strike if it was cast by a Drd, but not if it was cast by a Clr/FvS)
- Does not suppress epic abilities.
- Unlike Lesser Globe of Invulnerability, it protects against most psionic abilities (the only ability observed to bypass it is Mind Blast).
- Does not protect against Telekinesis.
- Suppresses diseases from the Disease spell and poison from the Poison spell. If the character stays in the globe long enough, the disease will go away.
- Suppresses the blindness portion of Sleet Storm.
- Interacts strangely with feigned health.
- When used with feigned health, the temporary hit points are attached to the globe rather than the person. Leaving the globe will remove the temps. Going back into the globe will replenish the temps (making it an effective stationary temp hp bank).
Tips for using: