From DDO wiki
(Redirected from Fire Shield (fire))
|School:||Evocation (Cold) (Fire)|
|Spell Level:||Drd 6, Sor/Wiz 4|
|Special:||Wlk 3 (Fiend pact only)|
|Spell Point Cost:||25|
|Metamagic:||Extend, Quicken, Eschew|
|Duration:||15 seconds plus 6 seconds per caster level (maximum 105 seconds at CL:15)|
|Cooldown:||3.5 seconds (Wiz), 2.25 seconds (Sor)|
This spell when cast brings up a pop up selection, offering Fire Shield (cold) or Fire Shield (fire) You can pull both of these to various places upon your hot bars for faster casting.
- Wreaths the caster in hot or cold flames. Any creature striking you in melee takes 1d3+10 cold or fire damage (Depending on type).
- The Fire version of this spell deals fire damage and reduces damage the caster takes from cold by half.
- The cold version of this spell deals cold damage and reduces damage the caster takes from fire by half.
- Either version will make you immune to any webs that attempt to entangle you.
- You can only have a single version of this spell or any variation of Energy Sheath on your character at the same time. Casting a different variation will remove the existing version.
- The duration caps at level 15. Maximum duration is 1 minute 45 seconds normally or 3 minutes 30 seconds extended.
- Bug: Fire Shield's damage does not scale at +1 per caster level.
- Bug: Fire Shield doesn't work with enhancements or spell boosts.
- Bug: Web immunity granted by Fire Shield expires up to 30 seconds prematurely.