These feats, enhancements, items and destinies makes it harder for enemies to resist the casters spells.
Spell Focus Feats
Spell Focus: <Spell School> feat adds +1 to the difficulty class of the spell.
On the other hand, Spell Focus: Evocation is often recommended to Sorcerers and Druids.
The available choices are:
- Spell Focus: Abjuration
- Spell Focus: Conjuration
- Spell Focus: Enchantment
- Spell Focus: Evocation
- Spell Focus: Illusion
- Spell Focus: Necromancy
- Spell Focus: Transmutation
- Greater Spell Focus (feat +1 to a particular school); requires and stacks with Spell Focus in the same school.
- Epic Spell Focus (feat +1 to a particular school); requires Greater Spell Focus feat of the same spell school and Lv 11 Cleric/Druid/Wizard, or Lv 12 Sorcerer/Favored Soul, or Lv 15 Artificer/Alchemist, or Lv 16 Bard
- Past Life: Arcane Initiate (past life feat +1 universal)
- Past Life: Bardic Dilettante (past life feat +1 Enchantment)
- Past Life: Cleric (past life feat +1 Conjuration)
- Past Life: Sorcerer (past life feat +1 Evocation)
- Aureon's Instruction (feat +1 to Turn Undead)
- Heighten Spell (Increases base spell level to the maximum you can cast. Applies to SLAs from Enhancement Trees.
Spell Focus Enhancements
- Arcanotechnician enhancements, +3 Evocation
- Arcane Archer enhancements, +1 Enchantment each from Terror Arrows, Banishing Arrows, Paralyzing Arrows and Smiting Arrows.
- Spellsinger enhancements, +5 Enchantment, Evocation, and Illusion from spellsinger core, universal +1 from Spell song trance, +2 Enchantment from Prodigy, +1 Enchantment, Evocation, OR Illusion from Marigold Crown
- Divine Disciple enhancements, +2 Evocation or Necromancy
- Season's Herald enhancements, +3 Conjuration and Transmutation
- Angel of Vengeance enhancements, +1 universal, +1 Evocation
- Air Savant enhancements, +1 Evocation (does not stack with Fire or Water savant)
- Earth Savant enhancements, +1 Conjuration
- Fire Savant enhancements, +1 Evocation (does not stack with Air or Water savant)
- Water Savant enhancements, +1 Evocation (does not stack with Fire or Air savant)
- Soul Eater enhancements, +1 Enchantment, Illusion, and Necromancy
- Tainted Scholar enhancements, +2 universal but temporary, +2 Conjuration, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Transmutation, +1 universal
- Archmage enhancements, +2 any single school, +1 to a secondary school
- Pale Master enhancements, +2 Enchantment when in vampire form, +1 Necromancy when in lich form, +1 Necromancy
- Harper Agent enhancements, +1 universal, +10 universal but temporary
- Reaper enhancements, +4 universal, +2/4/6 universal but temporary
Spell Focus items
On randomly generated items, school-specific Spell Focus is available up to +6 and Insightful +3.
On crafted items and set bonuses
- You can use Cannith Crafting to craft school-specific Spell Focus +1 to +6 and Insightful +1 to +3.
- You can use Cannith Crafting to craft universal Spell Focus Mastery +1 to +5
- Alchemical Crafting (tier three) offers +2 bonus to selected schools (Evocation, Transmutation, Conjuration, or Enchantment)
- Thunder-Forged weapons can offer school-specific Spell Focus +6, or universal Spell Focus +3 (Equipment).
- Slave Lords Crafting Slave Lord's Sorcery set bonus offers +1 to +4 (Artifact)
- Seasons of Change sets: +1 / +2 Artifact bonus to Evocation DC
This enchantment is also available on many named items.
Other stacking bonuses exist:
- Enhancement bonus on Yellow Augments
- Exceptional bonus on two-handed Thunder-Forged weapons
- Profane bonus on Thunder-Forged armor with Shadow Caster upgrade; also on named items
- Quality bonus on Spinneret and other items
- Filigrees on sentient weapons
Spell Focus Epic Destinies
- Spell School Specialist, Tier 2 Magister: +1 to +3 to the DC of a particular school. Requires you to have the Spell Focus feat for that school.
- Precise Casting: Evocation, Tier 2 Draconic Incarnation: +1/2 DC to spells of the selected school.