Dryad Grove: The Great Tree
This article is underlinked:
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. Please help improve this article by adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text. (February 2016)
|Requires access to : Eveningstar Challenge Pack|
(Note: This does NOT mean it requires purchase of anything, you may play with free daily tokens.)
|Dryad Grove: The Great Tree|
|Duration:||Fixed time limit|
|Base XP Range:|
|Takes place in:||Grove of the Great Tree|
|Challenge entrance(s) in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Easy|
In the King's Forest, a section of woods is presided over by the Great Tree - a large magical tree that protects the land. Its grove is under relentless assaults by the Drow.
This challenge is located on the western edge of Eveningstar, northeast of the entrance to The King's Forest
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Build up enough Life Energy (1400)
- (Optional) Build up more Life Energy (1750)
- (Optional) Build up even more Life Energy (2000)
- (Optional) Defeat the Cay'Vorym Battlemistress
- (Optional) Defeat the Salamander Berzerker
Note: You must complete the first star objective to receive experience & rewards from this Challenge.
Tips and Misc
- The life trees can be upgraded to produce more energy, but at the cost of some of your gathered energy.
- Despite the dialog saying that the cost for upgrading life trees is 80 energy, the actual cost of an upgrade is 50 energy.
- The life trees and defense trees can be restored when destroyed, at the cost of some of your gathered energy.
- The defense trees can be upgraded to be more resistant, at the cost of some of your gathered energy.
- Two different levels of Vine Horrors can be purchased at the Great Tree for some of the energy you have gathered.
- The challenge doesn't start until you speak to the Great Tree, giving your party time to get in and buff up.
- The top left path is the "Western Path", which makes everything on that side the "Western <name>" when the DM calls out the attacks.
- The middle path is the "Central Path"
- The Bottom right path is the "Eastern Path"
- Each life tree generates 1 point of energy, while the Great Tree generates 1 itself, so losing all the life trees will not end the production of energy.
- This version has Drow Wizards instead of Necromancers.
- Chests: 1 if completed; 2 if all 5 objectives are achieved
- Ingredient reward: Enchanted Moss - 25% of score.
- Battle-charged Priestesses
- Deathjump Spiders
- Drow Archers
- Drow Assassins
- Drow Blademasters
- Drow Master Wizards
- Drow Warriors
- Drow Wizards
- Priestesses of Lolth