Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
With regard to DDO, choosing which deity your character worships determines which Deity-based feats and capstone enhancements are available to Paladin, Cleric, or Favored Soul, and Lord of Blades characters.
A deity is also synonymous with its associated "church" in Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited.
SPECIAL NOTE: While the information provided below is factually correct for the game world, the lore provides no practical use in game. This information only helps with role-playing aspects for the class selection of favored soul, cleric and paladins for Silver Flame, Sovereign Host, or race/class selection in Iconics of Blade Forged and Morning Lord. Therefore, the information in this article is not directly game-related. In-game applications of this information can be better explained in the pages for these races and classes.
Note: Though a complete list is shown for lore purposes, only those deities shown with a, along with the races who can worship them, are in DDO.
|Lord of Blades (Warforged and Bladeforged)
|Silver Flame (Any Eberron race)
|Undying Court ((Half-)Elves only)
|Vulkoor (Drow only)
|The Blood of Vol (All Eberron characters who are not Bladeforged)
|Sovereign Host (Any Eberron race)
|Arawai (Sovereign Host)
|Aureon (Sovereign Host)
|Balinor (Sovereign Host)
|Boldrei (Sovereign Host)
|Dol Arrah (Sovereign Host)
|Dol Dorn (Sovereign Host)
|Kol Korran (Sovereign Host)
|Heavy Mace or Light Mace
|Olladra (Sovereign Host)
|Onatar (Sovereign Host)
|Cults of the Dragon Below: Khyber
|The Devourer (Dark Six)
|The Fury (Dark Six)
|The Keeper (Dark Six)
|The Mockery (Dark Six)
|The Shadow (Dark Six)
|The Traveler (Dark Six)
|Keepers of the Past
|Path of Inspiration
|Path of Light (Sacred Fist)
Lord of Blades
In DDO, only Warforged may worship the Lord of Blades.
Lord of Blades is Lawful Evil, and assumes a place in the public life of a Warforged related to religion and politics, evoking all the passions of a king or demigod. Every Warforged at least once in a lifetime must take a stand on the Lord of Blades. Its favored weapon is the Greatsword.
In DDO, any character can worship the Silver Flame.
The Church of the Silver Flame is Lawful Good. It's associated with a former mortal woman and Paladin of Dol Arrah named Tira Miron. Tira Miron now an immortal known as the Voice of the Silver Flame, serves as the intermediary between the Silver Flame and mortals.
The Silver Flame is dedicated to protecting creatures against the forces of evil, and archery is a traditionally important discipline. The domains of the deity are Exorcism, Good, Law, Protection, Inquisition, Purification, and Truth. Its favored weapon is the Longbow.
In DDO, anyone can worship the Sovereign Host as a whole, but not a specific deity in it.
The church of the Sovereign Host is a pantheon of 9 deities, and as a whole is Neutral Good. Most followers are often devoted to the entire pantheon offering prayers to different deities in different situations instead of worshipping a specific deity. Its favored weapon is the Longsword.
- Arawai is the Neutral Good deity of fertility, plants, life, and abundance. She is the sister of both Balinor and The Devourer and the mother of The Fury. the latter two being deities out of the Dark Six. Her domains are Creation, Good, Life, Plants, and Weather. Her favored weapon is the Morningstar.
- Aureon is the Lawful Neutral deity of lore, and magic. He is the brother of Onatar, the husband of Boldrei, and the origin of The Shadow, one of the Dark Six. His domains are Knowledge, Law, Magic, Force, Mind, Oracle, and Spell. His favored weapon is the Quarterstaff.
- Balinor is the True Neutral deity of hunting, and animal life. He is the brother of Arawai and The Devourer. His domains are Air, Animal, Earth, Celerity, and Retribution. His favored weapon is the Battleaxe.
- Boldrei is the Lawful Good deity of community. She is the wife of Aureon. Her domains are Community, Family, Good, Law, and Protection. Her favored weapon is the Spear.
- Dol Arrah is the Lawful Good deity of honorable combat, self-sacrifice, and sunlight. She is the sister of Dol Dorn, and The Mockery. Her domains are Good, Law, Sun, War, and Glory. Her favored weapon is the Halberd.
- Dol Dorn is the Chaotic Good deity of bodily strength, and martial training. He is the brother of Dol Arrah and The Mockery. His domains are Chaos, Good, Strength, War, Competition, and Liberation. His favored weapon is the Longsword.
- Kol Korran is the True Neutral deity of trade, and money. He is the son of Olladra and Onatar, and the twin brother of The Keeper. His domains are Charm, Commerce, Travel, Pact, Trade, and Wealth. His favored weapon is the Heavy Mace or Light Mace.
- Olladra is the Neutral Good deity of luck, and plenty. She is the wife of Onatar and the mother of Kol Korran, and The Keeper. Her domains are Feast, Good, Healing, Luck, and Pride. Her favored weapon is the Sickle.
- Onatar is the Neutral Good deity of crafts, industry, and fire. He is the brother of Aureon, the husband of Olladra and the father of Kol Korran and The Keeper. His domains are Artifice, Fire, Good, Creation, Metal, and Warforged. His favored weapon is the Warhammer.
In DDO, only Elves can worship the Undying Court
The church of the Undying Court is a Neutral Good pantheon of ancient deathless elves animated by positive energy. The domains of the deity are Deathless, Fate, Good, Protection, and Planning. Its favored weapon is the Scimitar.
In DDO, only Drow can worship Vulkoor.
Vulkoor the scorpion god is Neutral Evil and is worshiped by almost all Drow in Xen'drik. He is usually portrayed with a scorpion body, with its head replaced with the upper body of an adult male Drow. Vulkoor encourages trickery and destruction among his devotees, having a special affinity for arachnids. In the Eberron setting, it is believed that Vulkoor is related to the pantheon known as the Dark Six - specifically, Vulkoor is believed by many to be an aspect of the Mockery, one of the Dark Six.
The Blood of Vol
The Blood of Vol is Lawful Evil. The cult reveres the ancient traditions of the Elven line of Vol, and it's spread on Khorvaire, Aerenal, and Xen'drik. A sect of the group, the Order of the Emerald Claw, is devoted to serving Lady Vol or Erandis d'Vol, the Queen of the Dead and last scion of House Vol, the thirteenth Dragonmarked House: the Mark of Death. Lady Vol by becoming a Lich caused Vol to lose access to the power of the dragonmark, and she seeks to restore it. The domains of the deity are Death, Deathbound, Evil, Law, and Necromancer. Its favored weapon is the Dagger.
Cults of the Dragon Below: Khyber
Cults of the Dragon Below: Khyber are Neutral Evil. These sects revere the power of Khyber, the underground world. Some seek to raise the Dragon Khyber or release the Daelkyr, while others commune with fiends summoned from the underworld. The domains of the deity are Corruption, Cavern, Darkness, Dragon Below, Earth, Evil, Greed, Madness, Pact, Pain, Pestilence, and Summoner. Its favored weapon is the Heavy Pick.
The Dark Six as a whole is Neutral Evil. These deities were cast out of the Sovereign Host because of their evil ways. The Dark Six scheme against the Sovereign Host, each for differing reasons, and their followers likewise scheme against followers of the Sovereign Host.
- The Devourer is the Neutral Evil deity of the destructive power of nature. He is the brother of Arawai and Balinor and the father of The Fury. His domains are Cold, Destruction, Evil, Pestilence, Ocean, Water, and Weather. His favored weapon is the Trident.
- The Fury is the Neutral Evil deity of passion driven to madness. She is the daughter of Arawai and The Devourer. Her domains are Evil, Liberation, Hatred, Madness, Passion, and Wrath. Her favored weapon is the Rapier.
- The Keeper is the Neutral Evil deity of death, and decay. He is the son of Olladra and Onatar, and the twin brother of Kol Korran. His domains are Death, Decay, Evil, Greed, Hunger, and Pact. His favored weapon is the Scythe.
- The Mockery is the Neutral Evil deity of treachery over honor. He is the brother of Dol Arrah, and Dol Dorn. His domains are Destruction, Domination, Evil, Illusion, Trickery, and War. His favored weapon is the Kama.
- The Shadow is the Chaotic Evil deity of dark magic, and the corruption of nature. He is the literal shadow of Aureon. His domains are Chaos, Evil, Magic, Shadow, Darkness, and Mind. His favored weapon is the Quarterstaff.
- The Traveler is the Chaotic Neutral deity of cunning, and deception. He seems to have no connection to other deities. His domains are Artifice, Celerity, Chaos, Charm, Creation, Liberation, Travel, and Trickery. His favored weapon is the Scimitar.
Keepers of the Past
The church of the Keepers of the Past are True Neutral. They are Bards and Clerics who determine which ancestor will guide a newborn Tairnadal Elf through life. In Tairnadal religion, each Elf is duty-bound to honor and emulate his or her patron ancestor. The Tairnadal believe that these warrior ancestors, known as Spirits of the Past, can live again in the present if their deeds are recreated. Elves who share a common ancestor will compete with each other to become the perfect embodiment of their patron. The domains of the deity are Destruction, Protection, War, Elf, and Revered Ancestor. Its favored weapon is the Double Scimitar.
Path of Inspiration
The church of the Path of Inspiration is Lawful Neutral. The vast empire of Riedra dominates the continent of Sarlona and follows the Path of Inspiration. Its domains are Law, Meditation, and Community. Its favored weapon is the Flail.
Path of Light
The Path of Light is Lawful Neutral. The Kalashtar in the mountains of Adar on the continent of Sarlona are most Psions and Psychic Warriors who revere a universal force of positive energy they call il-Yannah, "the Great Light." The Path of Light was first developed by Taratai from Dal Quor the Region of Dreams on Khorvaire. Agents of Dal Quor known as the Dreaming Dark haunted the followers of the Path of Light, until Taratai found an audacious way to escape from Dal Quor. She convinced Monks from Adar to accept a permanent fusion of their own souls with the renegade of the Path of Light, and from that synthesis came the Kalashtar. All of Taratai's descendants sacrificed themselves to create the Shroud, a great magical creation that protects Adar from the Inspired, and agents of the Dreaming Dark. Through spiritual meditation and other subtle means they seek the destruction of the current Dal Quor, and its evil Quori denizens. They are in particular conflict with the Inspired of Riedra on the continent of Sarlona. The domains of the deity are Balance, Law, Meditation, Protection, and Mentalism. Its favored weapon is Unarmed.
|Amaunator (Forgotten Realms Iconics only)
|Helm (All Forgotten Realms characters who are not Morninglords)
|Silvanus (All Forgotten Realms characters who are not Morninglords)