This article is underlinked:
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. Please help improve this article by adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text. (February 2016)
This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it:
Please introduce links to this page, please check thesefor suggestions. (February 2016)
DDOcast is a weekly audio podcast about the world of Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach. The podccast was started in February 2007 by Jerry Snook, a DDO player who realized that there was (and, as of November 2009, still is) no other podcast specifically about DDO.
The main web page of the podcast can be found at www.ddocast.com. The web site features all of the episodes along with a blog-style format of news, commentary, pictures, videos and links. The web site also serves as a permanent collection point for numerous DDO-related links.
Numbering more than 300 episodes as of December 2013, DDOcast serves as an overview of the game over time. The show features regular news from Turbine about DDO and distills all of the weekly news about the game from various sources, properly credited and sourced.
Starting with early 2008, DDOcast and Turbine began working together on a question-and-answer segment for the show where Turbine developers and other members of the DDO team answer questions submitted to DDOcast. The "Ask the Devs" segments have been a great source of development news for the game. Most of the segments have also been transcribed for the DDOcast web site as well.
DDOcast also features an ever-changing crew of volunteers who provide segments to the show and take part in semi-regular group chats for episodes. The full list of contributors will be added soon, but has included segments on role playing, PvP, class builds, spells, monks, top ten lists, warforged information, commentary and many other subjects.
The podcasts are free and are hosted on the podcast service Cyberears (www.cyberears.com). The show is paid for by Jerry, although a PayPal donation link is available on the web site for those interested in helping to support the show. The podcast is not an official product of Turbine or any of the other companies tied to DDO. The show is designed to run as a not-for-profit endeavor, meaning no one is "getting rich."
DDOcast is also available on numerous podcast aggregators, including iTunes and the Zune Marketplace.
Ask the Devs
- Ask the Devs 1: 2/2/2008 (episode 53, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 2: 3/9/2008 (episode 58, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 3: 4/19/2008 (episode 64, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 4: 6/15/2008 (episode 72, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 5: 7/26/2008 (episode 78, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 6: 10/25/2008 (episode 91, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 7: 12/20/2008 (episode 98, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 8: 3/28/2009 (episode 110, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 9: 7/19/2009 (episode 126, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 10: 12/19/2009 (episode 148, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 11: 3/5/2010(episode 158, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 12: 7/31/2010 (episode 178, transcript)
- Ask the Devs 13: 12/19/2010 (episode 198, transcript)
- Ask the Devs: 10/28/2013 (episode 309, transcript)
- Developer Eladrin interview (episode 15)
- Senior Producer Kate Paiz interview episode 36)
- Keith Baker interview (episode 52)
- Fernando Paiz PAX Interview 9/5/2010 (PAX Interview for DDOCast)
- Senior Producer Glin interview 9/12/2012 (PAX 2012 interview)
- Senior Producer Glin interview 3/25/2013 (episode 275, transcript]