Commendation of Valor XP Bonus Gains
The XP bonuses received to Commendations of Valor (CoV) in a quest reward list are calculated per effect. Each of these is then rounded down to the nearest integer before being added to the total offered. This means that in some cases you may not receive the bonus you would expect, e.g.:
You complete a level 26 quest on Normal. You have:
- 10% bonus for VIP status
- 5% bonus for Heroic Inspiration found on your Mantle of the Worldshaper
- 2% bonus for guild airship Shrine of Experience
- 17% total bonus.
A level 26 quest played on Normal will give a base of 18 CoV.
You would expect to gain 17% of 18 = 3.06 rounded down to 3 giving a total of 21 CoV. But you only receive 19!
This is because you gain:
- 10% for VIP = 10% of 18 = 1.8 rounded to 1
- 5% for Heroic Inspiration found on your Mantle of the Worldshaper = 5% of 18 = 0.9 rounded to 0
- 2% for guild airship Shrine of Experience = 2% of 18 = 0.36 rounded to 0
- Overall gain is 1 giving a total CoV = 19.
Also note that in order to receive your bonuses you need to ensure you have all effects in place and items worn before you first ask to claim the reward from the NPC. Once the reward list is generated it cannot be changed.