You are constantly surrounded by a faint aura of Bardic Music, and it benefits you and your nearby allies in combat. You and all nearby allies receive the benefits of Inspire Courage as long as you are alive and not incapacitated. Certain Bard feats and abilities can alter or increased the benefits of your Ballad. In game description says Aria, however this is a left over typo from the original testing name of the ability from it's time on Lammania.
- At Bard level 1, with 3 ranks in Perform, all players in the Ballad receive the benefits of Inspire Courage.
- At Bard level 9 with 12 ranks in Perform, all players in the Ballad receive the benefits of Inspire Greatness.
- Arcane Shield Chant is now part of the Ballad, providing 2/4/6 to Elemental Resistance.
- Ironskin Chant is now part of the Ballad, providing DR 2/4/6 and adds 2/4/6 to the Physical Resistance Rating granted from Inspire Greatness.
- Reckless Chant is now part of the Ballad, providing 2/4/6 Doublestrike, Doubleshot, and adds 2/4/6 to the Universal Spell Power of Inspire Courage.
- Expeditious Chant is now part of the Ballad, providing a 5/10/15% Action Boost bonus to Movement Speed.
- Chant of Power is now part of the Ballad, providing a 2/4/6% melee and ranged damage and spell critical chance for all spells.
- Inspire Excellence is now part of the Ballad, providing a +2 Music bonus to each ability score.
- Song of Heroism is now part of the Ballad, providing a +4 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks, as well as temporary HP.
Description in game states that the Ballad only lasts one minute. This is the length of the buff applied per refresh interval which occurs ~10 seconds at a time. This is only important to note if a party member wanders outside of the Ballad range, or if the Bard dies. The range on the ballad appears to be 30 ingame meters centerd on the bard.