Effect: Spell Augmentation increases your effective caster level for Sorcerer / Wizard spells up to the listed level. It also works other classes that can cast spells from that spell list (e.g. Ranger casting Resist Energy). Augmentation does not affect the Archmage spell-like abilities (at least some are affected, see discussion), nor does it affect spells you cast using items.
It increases the caster level of the spells you cast that fall within the items spell type (all for Arcane Augmentation) and spell level range (I through IX).
This can be a very powerful ability, as many spells gain additional damage, healing, charges, targets, missiles, rays and/or duration based on caster level, and the increased caster level also increases your caster level check to dispel magic, or to penetrate spell resistance, stacking with spell penetration items and feats.
Note: Many damage spells have maximum caster level. Arcane augmentation cannot improve the damage of a spell if your caster level exceeds the maximum CL. On the other hand, augmentation increases the caster level (and damage) of uncapped nukes from Epic Destinies, such as Draconic Incarnation's Energy Burst or Dragon Breath.
- Alchemical Crafting (Tier III) - Arcane Augmentation IX
- Apprentice's Robe - Lesser Arcane Augmentation I
- Epic Helm of the Red Dragon - Improved Fire Augmentation IX
- Epic Staff of Arcane Power - Arcane Augmentation IX
- Epic Winter's Wrath - Lesser Cold Augmentation IX
- Infused Chaos Docent - Lesser Evocation Augmentation IX
- Infused Chaosrobe - Lesser Evocation Augmentation IX
- Robe of Duality - Arcane Augmentation I
- Shroud of the Abbot (upgraded) - Lesser Arcane Augmentation IX
- Staff of the Necromancer - Lesser Arcane Augmentation IX
- Twilight, Element of Magic - Arcane Augmentation IX
- Winter's Wrath - Lesser Cold Augmentation III
|Table: Spell Augmentation|
|Prefix||Caster Level Bonus|
|Regular (no prefix)||2|
- Might of the Abishai - caster level increase that stacks with Spell Augmentation