|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Splinterskull rumbles with preparations for war. Tread cautiously, for the dread spider Blood-drinker prowls in the shadows.
|Requires access to adventure pack: Tangleroot Gorge|
|Yarkuch's War Plans|
|Heroic XP:||♣597 ♦1,070 ♥1,145 ♠1,220|
|Takes place in:||Outer Splinterskull Fortress|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Free to Play:||No|
Enter Splinterskull again, hunt down the hobgoblins' three master tacticians, and take their combat orders, patrol map and troop roster. Kill them if necessary.
- This is the third in the Assault on Splinterskull quest chain given by Ungurz.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Acquire Combat Orders
- Acquire Patrol Map
- Acquire Troop Roster
- (Optional) Slay Blood-drinker (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Stat check (optional; STR to open a door)
- Locked doors (optional)
- Spike trap in the western storeroom, in the corner beyond the door; box is on the western wall
- Electrical trap in the small room off the throne room; box is just inside the door on the north wall
- Blade trap (on both walls) down the corridor past the second shrine; box is on the north wall
- Spinning blade trap further down the corridor; box is on the south wall immediately after the blade trap
Tips and Misc
- Third verse, same as the first... now with extra Hobgoblin Tacticianage!
- The hobgoblins must be tired of locking up after a visit; the portcullis is now left open, as are the two guardrooms with the levers and the storerooms off the cellblocks.
- The quest items (Troop Roster, Patrol Map and Combat Orders) are dropped by Hobgoblin Tacticians. They can all be discarded immediately after being picked up without affecting the outcome of the quest if storage space is at a premium, although they're also automatically removed from the inventory upon exit.
- The three Hobgoblin Tacticians can be found in the eastern cell block, the northeastern spider cave, and on the lookout.
- If the last Tactician fight is too hard it is often possible to get them to chase you through the spinblade traps, where many or all of them will die! Jumping off the ledge to the hallway below is a simple method to do this.
- Alternately, you can attack one of the hobgoblins on the ledge from the tunnel below, and just wait for the tactician to run through the traps and down to you, bypassing the blades and spinners entirely.
- The prisoner who died from the scorpion poison last quest is now a zombie. Braaaaaaaain... him.
- Blood-drinker can be found in the spider cave at the southeastern corner of the map.
- Aggression bonus: 57 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 74 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 52 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 68 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 84 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Four (last three are the same ones in all Outer Fortress quests)
- One for killing Blood-drinker
- One in the room past the scorpion pit in the eastern cell block (requires STR 16)
- One behind the locked door in the central chamber
- One on the lookout ledge down the inner corridor past the second shrine
- Collectables: Nine (same spots in all Outer Fortress quests)
- Mushroom down the SW tunnel
- Adventurer's Pack down the SE tunnel
- Bookshelf in the alcove as you first enter the stronghold proper
- Adventurer's Pack in the spider pit in the western cell block
- Cabinet in the central chamber
- Mushroom just before the second shrine
- Mushroom on the lookout ledge
- Mushroom down the NW tunnel around the loop
- Mushroom down the S tunnel around the loop
- NPC rewards: None
- Black Widows
- Brown Spiders
- Brown Spider Princes
- Darkfang Spiders
- Gray Ooze
- Hobgoblin Clerics
- Hobgoblin Guards
- Hobgoblin Infiltrators
- Hobgoblin Patrol Leaders
- Hobgoblin Slayers
- Lesser Gray Ooze
- Night Scorpions
- Zombie (remains of prisoner beyond Night Scorpions)