Transform into the shape of and animal, magical beast, or elemental. Each form grants access to special spells that require that form.
- Duration: Toggled. Costs 5 sp to activate, free to deactivate.
At second level the druid will select an animal form, Wolf or Bear, for their first wild shape and receive the other at level 5.
At level 8 a druid will select a magical beast form, Winter Wolf or Dire Bear, gaining the other at level 11.
At level 13 a druid will select an elemental form, Water Elemental or Fire Elemental, obtaining their final wild shape at level 17.
TIP: At level 9 a druid may choose to take "Natural Fighting" as feat choice. This feat improves the double strike chance of a druid in animal or magical beast forms by 6% and may be taken up to 3 times.
If you are a Warforged you are no longer considered a living construct when you change your form.
- You are considered an animal (or magical beast) or elemental when you change form. If you are a warforged you are no longer considered a living construct. You can now be healed normal by positive energy spells, you become immune to repair spells and rust damage, your healing when you rest is based on the heal skill, and you lose your racial immunities to sleep energy drain, poison,etc. You also lose the benefits of warforged healers friend enhancements.
How does Wild Shape mix with Monk levels?
- If you have monk levels, the damage of your animal form matches that of your monk unarmed damage, which means at low levels it will decrease your damage in bear form, but as you progress, the damage will increase as normal for monk.
- Two Weapon Fighting does not affect your attacks in animal form, irrespective of any levels in monk.
- Monk stances can be used in animal form, as long as you are centered.
- If you are a monk, and have two non druid (eg kama) weapons equipped, your damage in animal form will revert to the base damage of the animal, instead of the monk Unarmed Strike damage. You will also get no benefit of the magical properties of either weapon. (to work around this, only have one weapon equipped as you shift, then the damage will be calculated properly)
- Weapon Focus: Unarmed (granted by Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning) and other effects that improve unarmed attacks also affect the attacks of animal/magical beast forms.
- It may be good to note that the spell Flame Blade will not uncenter you and the blades strength improve with your caster level.
At levels 2 and 5 a druid may use their 'Wild Shape' feat to change into an animal.
- You are considered an animal. This renders you immune to spells and abilities that only work on humanoid targets, and Warforged will no longer suffer from the penalty to healing.
- You have a -2 penalty to Intelligence and Charisma.
- While in animal form, you will no longer use your equipped weapons for attacking, removing any benefits and drawbacks you would have from attacking with them, but use natural attack "weapons" specific to the form you are in. However you still get most of the additional effects from your equipped weapons:
- The ability that determines your attack and damage bonus will be the same as the one used for your equipped weapons. This is especially useful when casting Flame Blade, which uses your Wisdom bonus as attack and damage modifier.
- The main hand will transfer any treasure effects to your natural attacks, e.g. the Flaming effect. The off-hand/shield will not transfer such effects , also shield Bash doesn't proc while in animal form.
- Stat bonuses, skill bonuses, stunning, etc. apply from both hands
- AC and other bonuses from any shields you may be using.
- Ranged weapons can be wielded and their effects apply to your natural weapons.
- Non-returning thrown weapons do not get consumed.
- Arrows and bolts have no effect.
- Feats that grant bonuses to Unarmed weapons, such as Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning will apply to your natural weapons.
- You cannot use wands or scrolls while in animal form.
- Animal forms increase the cooldown times of your non-animal form spells to 2.5 times their normal length.
- Animal form special attacks are considered spells, so to use them you must first prepare them in your spell book.
- Your base attack speed is 30% faster, you gain a +3 bonus to attack while flanking, +1d6 sneak attack damage, and a +10% enhancement bonus to movement speed.
- Your natural attacks do 1d6 damage, do both piercing and slashing damage, and critically hit for double damage on a roll of 19-20.
- Form specific spells: Takedown, Baiting Bite, Harrowing Pack, Howl of Terror
- You gain a +2 racial bonus to constitution and +10% AC.
- Your natural attacks do 1d8 damage, do both slashing and bludgeoning damage, and critically hit for double damage on a roll of 20.
- Form specific spells: Maul, Roar, Shred, Rising Fury, Tremor
Magical beast forms
At levels 8 and 11 a druid may use their 'Wild Shape' feat to change into a magical beast.
See animal form above.
- You attack 30% faster, you gain a +5 bonus to attack while flanking, +2d6 sneak attack damage, and a 15% enhancement bonus to movement speed.
- Your natural attacks do 1d10 damage, do both piercing and slashing damage, and critically hit for triple damage on a roll of 19 or 20.
- Form specific spells: Takedown, Baiting Bite, Harrowing Pack, Cold Breath, Frostbite, Jaws of Winter, Howl of Terror, Snowslide
- You gain a +4 racial bonus to constitution, and +15% AC.
- Your natural attacks do 1d12 damage, do both slashing and bludgeoning damage, and critically hit for triple damage on a roll of 20.
- Form specific spells: Maul, Roar, Shred, Rising Fury, Tremor, Relentless Onslaught, Unstoppable
At levels 13 and 17 a druid may use their 'Wild Shape' feat to change into an elemental.
- You are considered an elemental.
- You gain a +10 racial bonus to your saving throws against magical poisons
- You have racial immunity to natural poisons, sleep, paralysis and stun, and 100% bonus to fortification.
- Elemental forms keep their equipped weapons after the transformation.
- You must prepare your elemental form spells as normal and do not receive additional spell preparation slots for them.
- You gain +3 bonus to caster level and max caster level to water and cold spells.
- Your fire spells get a -3 penalty to caster level and max caster level.
- You gain a +10 racial bonus to cold resistance, and -10 electric resistance.
- You have +20 swim skill
- Form specific spells:Elemental Toughness, Freezing Spray, Ice Flowers, Mantle of the Icy Soul
- You gain +3 bonus to caster level and max caster level to fire spells.
- Your water spells get a -3 penalty to caster level and max caster level.
- You gain a +10 racial bonus to fire resistance, and have -10 cold resistance.
- Form specific spells: Body of the Sun, Elemental Toughness, Fires of Purity, Anger of the Noonday Sun