|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Visions of Tangleroot overrun with Whisperdoom's skittering brood disturb your thoughts as you prepare for battle.
|Requires access to adventure pack: Tangleroot Gorge|
|Heroic XP:||♣674 ♦1,209 ♥1,294 ♠1,380|
|Takes place in:||Outer Splinterskull Fortress|
|NPC contact:||Chief Ungurz|
|Quest acquired in:||Tangleroot Gorge|
|Free to Play:||No|
Warning, this quest has been altered in last update! Search the caves of Splinterskull for the nest of the spider-mother Whisperdoom. Destroy her egg sacs to break her alliance with Chief Yarkuch.
- This is the fourth in the Assault on Splinterskull quest chain given by Ungurz.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Destroy 20 Egg Sacs
- (Optional) Slay 3 Whisperdoom's Daughters (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Stat check (optional; STR to open a door)
- Locked doors (optional)
- Spike trap in the western storeroom, in the corner beyond the door; box is on the western wall
- Electrical trap in the small room off the throne room; box is just inside the door on the north wall
- Blade trap (on both walls) down the corridor past the second shrine; box is on the north wall
- Spinning blade trap further down the corridor; box is on the south wall immediately after the blade trap
Tips and Misc
- The more things change, the more they stay the same... one change is that there are now two mushrooms in the ooze cave to the southwest.
- Possibly due to a bug, the intro text (U7-U10) reads the same as the seventh quest in this chain - Zulkash, witch doctor of the Dark Six, awaits your coming. Mocking laughter echoes in your mind.
- Whisperdoom's Daughters can be located randomly in these locations: throne room, just before the second shrine near the lookout, the southern spider cave on the cave loop, southeast spider cave, the eastern guard room, or right at the entrance of the northeast spider cave. They're basically slightly tougher black widows.
- Whisperdoom is located in the northwest spider cave, as are her egg sacs. She has very high AC, DR and resistance to elements, as well as Regeneration. She can be killed, but it generally requires characters far over the level of the quest, and there is no reward for doing so.
- The chest in Whisperdoom's chamber can be opened at any point. Beware because Whisperdoom will attack and can interrupt you while you're opening the chest. With patience, it's possible to lure her away to allow others to loot in safety. However, it requires staying fairly close to her, as getting too far away will cause her to turn around and quickly head back.
- Lure Whisperdoom to the second shrine, for some reason it will not advance beyond the big rock. I posted a hireling behind the rock next to the mushroom collectible to keep the spider occupied. Go through the trapped area, jump off the lookout, and go back into the chamber to finish the job.
- The prisoner who died of scorpion poison 2 quests ago, and who was a zombie last quest, is now a skeleton. Think he'll be a ghost next quest? Stay tuned and find out!
- Aggression bonus: 63 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 62 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 81 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 100 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Four (last three are the same ones in all Outer Fortress quests)
- One in the northwest spider cave for destroying 20 egg sacs
- One in the room past the scorpion pit in the eastern cell block (requires STR 16)
- One behind the locked door in the central chamber
- One on the lookout ledge down the inner corridor past the second shrine
- Collectables: Ten (same spots in all Outer Fortress quests)
- Two Mushrooms down the SW tunnel
- Adventurer's Pack down the SE tunnel
- Bookshelf in the alcove as you first enter the stronghold proper
- Adventurer's Pack in the spider pit in the western cell block
- Cabinet in the central chamber
- Mushroom just before the second shrine
- Mushroom on the lookout ledge
- Mushroom down the NW tunnel around the loop
- Mushroom down the S tunnel around the loop
- NPC rewards: None
- Black Widows
- Brown Spiders
- Brown Spider Princes
- Darkfang Spiders
- Gray Ooze
- Hobgoblin Clerics
- Hobgoblin Guards
- Hobgoblin Infiltrators
- Hobgoblin Patrol Leaders
- Night Scorpions