Where There's Smoke...
Nash is afraid of what the orcs will do to his farm, but he's just as worried about his farm dogs.
|Where There's Smoke...|
|Takes place in:|| Nash Braza's Farmstead,|
in The Cerulean Hills
|Bestowed by:||Nash Braza|
|NPC contact:||Nash Braza|
|Quest acquired in:||The Cerulean Hills|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Orcs are preparing to burn Nash Braza's farmstead to the ground. Slay the orcs and prevent Nash's farm from becoming a fiery ruin.
Note: This quest is labeled as a Harbor quest in-game but is actually picked up and turned-in, within The Cerulean Hills.
- Find Nash's farm house and save it from the orcs
- Put out the fire at the farm house
- Kill all the orc ambushers - 15 total
- Slay Armnok the warband leader
- (Optional) Kill Zarmang the raider Heroic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Kill Narbag the raider Heroic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Kill Gazmul the raider Heroic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Kill Takmul the raider (Bug: The actual enemy that spawns is named Taknor) Heroic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Find and befriend all three of Nash's dogs Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Bring all the dogs to Nash's caravan Heroic: +40% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Protect NPCs (optional: 3 dogs)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- To befriend the dogs, you can use your Bluff (DC: ), Diplomacy (DC: ), or Intimidate (DC: ) skills, or simply bribe them with a Smoke-Cured Ham. There are three chests containing the latter, if your skills aren't up to par. The first Smoke-Cured Ham chest is south of the northern shrine, near the cart, the second is near the southeast shrine and the third is well north of the southwest shrine (or well west of the north shrine). Alternatively, if you fail a check, you can simply get them to chase you back to the caravan. However, this will prevent you from getting the "befriend" optional bonus.
- The first dog is southwest of the entrance; the second and third dogs are near the two southern shrines.
- If you're not going to immediately take a dog back to the caravan, make sure to leave him tucked away in a safe spot. Even if told to "Stay", if an enemy comes into range, they'll go on the attack and then keep chasing orcs down, eventually getting themselves killed.
- A good crowd control tip is not to destroy the gate by the water valve of the farm. Rather, go around the building from the left and use the valve. This forces the ambushing orcs to enter through that single passage for a time. However, be wary as sometimes the orcs manage to climb over the fence.
- In the final fight, you may get a message that you've killed Armnok after killing an Orc Barbarian.
- Narbag may appear near the southeast shrine.
- Taknor may appear near the southeast shrine. Bug: The optional incorrectly calls him Takmul.
- Narbag and Taknor cannot both spawn in the same run. It is possible that neither spawn.
- Zarmang may appear near the southwest shrine.
- Gazmul may appear near the southwest shrine.
- Zarmang and Gazmul cannot both spawn in the same run. It is possible that neither spawn.
- Discreet bonus: 20 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 39 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 65 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 80 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 27 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: The devious and insidious cunning bonuses are unobtainable due to the 15 required kills of the orc ambushers. Also, the aggression and onslaught bonuses are bugged for this quest. There are times when killing an enemy will cause your bonus to go from onslaught to aggression or even aggression to no bonus at all. The numbers listed are only the values where the bonus is guaranteed. You may receive a higher bonus than expected.
- Chests: 1 - 3
- 1 at the end for killing Armnok
- 1 optional for killing Narbag (doesn't always spawn, mutually exclusive with Taknor, found near the southeast shrine)
- 1 optional for killing Taknor (doesn't always spawn, mutually exclusive with Narbag, found near the southeast shrine)
- 1 optional for killing Zarmang (doesn't always spawn, mutually exclusive with Gazmul, found near the southwest shrine)
- 1 optional for killing Gazmul (doesn't always spawn, mutually exclusive with Zarmang, found near the southwest shrine)
- Collectables: Four
- Rubble northish of the entrance
- Mushroom on the way to the southeast shrine
- Mushroom up the dry river bed (with the wolves)
- Adventurer's Pack between two farm buildings
- NPC rewards: Random Item
Named Chest Drop
- Braza's Hat - Helm: , [ML:2] (Gazmul's Chest)
- Crude Bauble - Trinket: , , [ML:2] (End Chest)
- Zaramang's Longbow - +2 Long Bow: , [ML:2, BtC] (Zarmang's Chest) Bug: Should be Zarmang's Longbow
|Farm Dog (view)||Animal||Dog|
|Orc Bandit (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Barbarian (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Cleric (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Ranger (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Warrior (view)||QL3:; QL?:||Orc||Orc|
|Orc Wizard (view)||Orc||Orc|
|Syndicate Muscle (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Wolf (view)||QL3:, QL?:||Animal||Wolf|