|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
A wand is an item containing a number of charges of one spell. Characters can wield and use a wand to activate its spell without expending Spell Points or material components and even if they cannot cast that spell themselves.
Wands do not benefit from Metamagic feats or from the character's item properties, ability modifiers, and Enhancements that affect spells. On the other hand, they are not subject to Arcane Spell Failure, so they can be used freely while wearing any armor. There are also Enhancements that improve wand effects.
Each wand has a predefined caster level that is used to determine its spell's strength regardless of the character using it. Some wands occur in multiple versions with different caster levels. The stronger ones are, predictably, harder to use.
 Using Wands
A character cannot use a wand unless one of the following conditions is met:
- Note that the class level at which the character could cast the spell himself is not important. For example, a pure Paladin cannot cast Resist Energy until he is level 8, but he can use a Wand of Resist Energy at level 3 simply because the wand's minimum level is 3 and Resist Energy is a spell that Paladins can eventually get. In fact, even a multiclass character with one level of Paladin and two levels of Fighter could use that wand.
The character has a sufficiently high Use magic device skill.
- This method may require a skill check and does not always offer a 100% chance of the wand working. One charge is used up whether it works or not.
Wands hold a maximum of 50 charges. Wands bought from vendors or offered as quest rewards come fully charged. Wands found as chest loot or gained from turning in collectables have only about 20-30 charges. Wands bought from other players might have any number of charges, so caveat emptor! Wands cannot be recharged and are destroyed when the last charge is used.
 List of Wands
- Wand of Burning Hands
- Wand of Charm Person
- Wand of Cure Light Wounds
- Wand of Enfeeblement
- Wand of Magic Missile
- Wand of Magic Missile (3rd)
- Wand of Shocking Grasp
 Eternal wands
- +1 Eternal Wand of Disrupt Undead
- +1 Eternal Wand of Nimbus of Light
- +11 Eternal Wand of Disrupt Undead
- +11 Eternal Wand of Nimbus of Light
- +3 Eternal Wand of Disrupt Undead
- +3 Eternal Wand of Nimbus of Light
- +5 Eternal Wand of Disrupt Undead
- +5 Eternal Wand of Nimbus of Light
- +5 Eternal Wand of Ray of Frost
- +7 Eternal Wand of Disrupt Undead
- +7 Eternal Wand of Nimbus of Light
- +9 Eternal Wand of Disrupt Undead
- +9 Eternal Wand of Nimbus of Light
- Brimstone Verge
- Cacophonic Verge
- Corrosion Eternal Wand of Acid Splash
- Dampened Cacophonic Verge
- Epic Brimstone Verge
- Epic Cacophonic Verge
- Epic Roderic's Wand
- Epic Winter's Wrath
- Eternal Titan Wand
- Eternal Wand of Charm Monster
- Eternal Wand of Cure Minor Wounds
- Eternal Wand of Finger of Fire
- Eternal Wand of Magic Missile
- Eternal Wand of Ray of Frost
- Eternal Wand of Spark of Light
- Roderic's Wand
- Splintered Winter's Wrath
- Wand of Blasting
- Winter's Wrath
 See Also
- Category:Wands - More in depth list of all Wands from vendors/random loot.