Venn's Trail: Clan Tunnelworm
Clan Tunnelworm is known for its savagery. Adventurers who wander into its territory seldom walk out again.
|Venn's Trail: Clan Tunnelworm|
|Takes place in:||Clan Tunnelworm Den|
|Bestowed by:||Guard Tember|
|NPC contact:||Guard Tember|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Arlos ar-Kerran told you that his brother Venn was taken prisoner by Clan Tunnelworm. Clan Tunnelworm's territory lies east from the main intersection in the Waterworks, just south of where Tember stands guard. Seek out Clan Tunnelworm's territory, confront boss Jittik of Clan Tunnelworm, and find a way into his clan's prison.
- Part 3 of the Lost Seekers story arc.
- Find your way to Boss Jittik
- Find the switches that activate the blue crystals at the gate
- Find the switches that activate the green crystals at the gate
- Confront Boss Jittik
- Acquire Password to Boss Jittk's Prison
- Find the entrance to Clan Tunnelworm's prison
- (Optional) Kill Tunnelworm's enforcer Krung the Brutal Heroic: +25% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Witch Doctor Squagh Heroic: +25% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Witch Doctor Krankos Heroic: +25% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Ryssal Heroic: +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay the Hobgoblin Emissary Heroic: +20% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some don't require rogue skills to be disarmed)
- Point of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to Venn's Trail: Venn's Fate)
- Poison trap at the end of the southern passage on the upper floor, after the blue crystals. The control panel is behind a secret door.
- Acid trap in the north passage of the upper floor. No control panel, but Acid is turned off with valves in the acid tunnel... AFTER each set of acid pipes. (Acid spray can be timed to be avoided.)
Tips and Misc
- Watch out for the slimes in the entrance. They drop from the ceiling and can do considerable damage if they land on you. They also respawn.
- The valves on the gates before the first closed door (in the area with the slimes) require a STR of 16 to turn.
- There are two pairs of levers to open the final hatch.
- From the central area...
- North are the acid tunnel and two mandatory levers (across from each other), and the optional set of underwater gates.
- South lies another large room with a hard fight (with several shamans casting Lightning Bolt), and (after throwing the switch at the far end of the catwalk) west of there, after another fight, the other pair of levers (across from each other). If you need it, after all that and then a nasty double poison trap, there's the only shrine before the drop down.
- East, up the ladder, is the optional Krung the Brutal.
- The slimes in the northern area near the Acid Tunnel respawn.
- The chest (with 2nd chest if rare Witch Doctor Squagh spawns) in the northern section of the upper floor requires a 2nd character or a hireling/pet to operate the lever for gates and the other to swim through.
- The chest can also be obtained solo with a hireling. Lock onto the switch and have your hireling switch the lever at each gate as you swim through. There is a valve on the other side (next to the last gate) which will open all the gates allowing you to swim back, and/or for all your party to join you before that fight.
- Ryssal may show up in the central room on the upper level.
- Witch Doctor Krankos may show up in the southern section of the upper floor, down the ramp after you open the locked door.
- Krung the Brutal always shows up in the eastern section of the upper floor.
- Witch Doctor Squagh may show up in the northern section of the upper floor, after swimming through the underwater passage.
- Make sure to buff up and, if possible, stealth before dropping down the hole. You land in water, so you can just drop straight down (despite the "deadly" narration warning).
- With feather fall, it's possible to drop down and east directly onto the platform with the valve that opens the door to the last section. If you drop onto the pipes at the sides of the shaft, you can just see it from the very bottom.
- If you can't make the platform, it's a long swim west, under fire, to the only ladder up to a catwalk with lots of kobolds, where you have to fight your way to the valve.
- Monsters in this fight continually respawn in about 2 1/2 minutes.
- The Hobgoblin Emissary may show up on the bottom floor, behind a secret door in the middle of the north-south corridor.
- Aggression bonus: 60 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 76 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 95 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 48 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 63 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 77 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: The Conquest bonus requires killing respawned monsters.
- Chests: 4 - 8
- 1 chest found in the north section of the upper floor, after the underwater passage
- 1 optional chest for killing Krung the Brutal (Ogre, found in the eastern section of the upper floor)
- 1 chest found on the bottom floor, behind a secret door at the "T" intersection
- 1 optional chest for killing the Hobgoblin Emissary (Hobgoblin, doesn't always spawn, found on the bottom floor, behind a secret door at the "T" intersection)
- 1 chest found on the bottom floor, in Boss Jittik's room
- 1 optional chest for killing Ryssal (Troglodyte, doesn't always spawn, found in the central room on the upper floor)
- 1 optional chest for killing Witch Doctor Squagh (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found in the northern section of the upper floor, after the underwater passage)
- 1 optional chest for killing Witch Doctor Krankos (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found in the southern section of the upper floor)
- Collectables: Five
- Mushroom in the eastern section of the upper floor, near the water
- Mushroom just after the acid tunnel in the northern section
- Adventurer's Pack in the southern section, across the ledges at the end of the ramp
- Adventurer's Pack just before the shrine in the southern section
- Rubble in Boss Jittik's room
- NPC rewards: None - there are no quest rewards until all four missions in the Waterworks are done.
|Boss Jittik (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Krung the Brutal (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Witch Doctor Krankos (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Witch Doctor Squagh (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Brown Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Gray Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Hobgoblin Bodyguard (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Emissary (view)||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Kobold Shaman (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Thrower (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Warrior (view)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Lesser Gray Ooze (view)||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Wolf (view)||QL3:, QL?:||Animal||Wolf|