|Requires access to : Attack on Stormreach|
|Takes place in:||Sapper Tunnel|
|Bestowed by:||Varen Lassite|
|NPC contact:||Varen Lassite|
|Quest acquired in:||Lordsmarch Palace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Coin Lord Varen Lassite asked you to find out what's causing the strange sounds heard near the Palace recently. The sounds seem to be coming from Lordsmarch Plaza. Varen suspects that the sounds are the precursor to some sort of Droaam attack.
- Help Guard Captain Tollis investigate the noises in the Plaza
- Kill Kaboom the Demolitions Master
- Find the other end of the Droaam tunnel
- (Optional) Destroy Rhyolite +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy Cascade +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy Rock Wall +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the rolling boulder +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- A rolling boulder appears in a long tunnel, located after a bridge near a shrine near quest's end. It can be destroyed by a quick ranged attack , with several physical spells such as Blade Barrier and Disintegrate, or with proper timing using a Droaam explosive set to destroy the boulder. ( The boulder was killed with 465HP on Normal). The boulder does massive HP damage and knockdown; direct attack is not recommended.
- To destroy the boulder with an explosive charge, view the Explosive placement image (second map).
- There is a huge minefield, which can either be blown up step by step with the explosives, or one character with good armor and reflex saves may tumble through or with a Jump spell you can jump and walk on the elevations. Alternatively, one can simply sneak through without setting off the explosives--but watch out for the guards at the other end of the minefield as you'll be in close proximity and might be detected with a low Hide or with Invisibility alone.
- Interestingly, a Thief Acrobat Rogue, trained with Kip Up (immunity to knockdown) and a high Reflex can literally run through the minefield, setting off the mines without injuring themselves. Use Invisibility and the mines near the enemies ahead might take them out as well with little time for them to shoot at you.
Tips and Misc
- The quest begins in an quest instance of Lordsmarch Plaza, where a massive explosion allows several waves of Droaam forces to invade. You must fend off these enemies before entering the tunnel they created. There are numerous guards around the courtyard who can help you if you kite an enemy around to them. However, the guards are fairly weak and will die quickly unless healed often. The Droaam forces will patrol the area in a set pattern (from the palace entrance to the Marketplace entrance) if there are no enemies visible when they spawn. Individual Droaam soldiers can then be pulled away from the group as they patrol and dealt with singly.
- The Droaam explosive charges have an extreme area of effect. Rogues with Mechanic enhancements Improved Traps Tier 1 can set charges in half the time of other players. Artificers with Tier 3 Field Engineer can take damage while setting traps. Traps do 1000-2000 Fire Damage. Do not have any players or hirelings linger close to the explosion or death is probable. If you are stealthed when you set a charge, you will be destealthed when the charge sets (at the end of the channel). However, you can immediately restealth IF you are not in line of sight of any creature. That is, if you are behind a creature, it will not detect you unless you move before you restealth.
- Mind-controlled creatures will die from an explosion and count as kills
- If soloing as a rogue, when you first acquire Droam explosive charges, immediately set one against the wall behind you in order to kill the elemental that spawns there before it spawns.
- Breakables broken by explosions do not count (barrels on tunnel to optional at shrine)
- Rhyolite appears in the first cavern when you blow up the first pile of rubble. A stealth character can kill him with a Droaam explosive charge without being detected. If his aggro target leaves the cavern, he will return to his spawn and become an indestructible obstacle, permanently blocking passage to the shrine and chest in his cavern.
- Rock Wall spawns in the side chamber sealed off by rubble.
- The wooden floor near one set of shrines (and many explosive barrels) can be destroyed with a demolition charge, revealing the underwater path to where Cascade spawns.
- Mines can be blown up with demolition charges.
- Kaboom, the end-boss, appears at the start of the quest but cannot be killed until the end-fight. Have fire resists ready throughout the quest as he uses mines, and many other kobolds use fire attacks as well as Sunburst.
- At the end fight, Kaboom will run away when his health is low, dropping mines in his wake. More importantly, he will also drop one or more Droaam explosive charges (know what they look and sound like, better yet practice with the ones you picked up earlier, so everyone in party knows) ... so, as soon as he turns to run be *very* careful to stay away from the Droaam charges he drops, they will typically kill you instantly if you are too close.
- He drops the bombs in a circle on the east side of the room (the traps shown on the map reflect this). Fight him on the west side of the room to avoid trouble.
- As a rogue or other high stealth character, you can complete the entire end fight without directly engaging him, however. Simply use the Droam explosive charges to clear out all of the enemies without being detected, then use the charges on Kaboom himself. Sneak up behind him, set a charge, restealth, and get away. Repeat until dead.
- Once the quest is completed, you will reuse this tunnel (which will now appear for completing players in the public instance of the Plaza) to complete the final quest in the arc, Siegebreaker.
- Aggression bonus: 141 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 182 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 220 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 209 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 272 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 335 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 51 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 68 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 82 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Breakables destroyed by Droaam explosives do not count towards your total. Break them manually if you want Ransack.
- The mines in the minefield can be disabled as traps. (Hope you brought a lot of tools if you want the bonuses.)
- Chests: 4
- 1 optional for killing Rhyolite (Earth Elemental, found in the first cavern when you blow up the first pile of rubble)
- 1 optional for killing Rock Wall (Earth Elemental, found in a side chamber sealed off by rubble)
- 1 optional for killing Cascade (Water Elemental, found past an underwater passage revealed by blowing up the wooden floor near a set of shrines and many explosive barrels)
- 1 at the end for killing Kaboom the Demolitions Master (Kobold)
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
- Crimson Chain - +5 Mithral Chainmail: Haste Guard, [ML:12, BtA] (Rhyolite chest)
- Mark of Bal Molesh (Any Chest)
- Droaam Combat Engineers
- Droaam Conscripts
- Droaam Diggers
- Droaam Gnoll Archers
- Droaam Infantry
- Droaam Sappers
- Droaam Skirmishers
- Droaam Vanguard
- Droaam Warmages
- Droaam Warpriests
- Elder Earth Elementals
- The Rolling Boulder
- Worg Warhounds