Twist of Fate
The rules regarding Epic Destiny abilities can be bent a little with Twists of Fate. Twists of Fate allow you to possess an Epic Destiny ability from an unlocked but inactive destiny tree.
Each character can unlock up to four Twist of Fate slots. Characters who achieved Epic Completionist can have another slot for a total of five slots. Characters begin with no unlocked slots, and must spend their first Fate Point to unlock the first Twist of Fate slot. After that, you can choose between upgrading unlocked slot(s) or unlocking the second or third Twist of Fate slot.
An additional Twist of Fate slot is unlocked and granted to a character on reaching level 30. Note that this act clears the contents of the remaining slots thus unlocked.
When a Twist of Fate slot is first unlocked, it can only accommodate tier 1 Epic Destiny abilities. Slots can then be upgraded to accommodate tier 2, 3, and 4 abilities at increasing Fate Point cost. Twist of Fate slots work only on tiered abilities. You can not Twist an innate ability, nor can you Twist any tier 5 or 6 abilities from any Destiny.
To unlock or upgrade a Twist of Fate slot, click the "+" icon on the right side of the slot. The icon will only be active if you have enough Fate Points to unlock or upgrade that slot. Twist of Fate slot purchases can be reset by Fatespinner NPCs for free, in case you wish to re-allocate your Fate Points among unlocking and upgrading slots.
To set a Twist of Fate, drag the ability from the Abilities list down to the desired slot. Unless you are setting an ability from the active destiny, this will require checking "Show All" at the bottom of the abilities list to see trained abilities from non-active destinies. Note that you can only set abilities that you have trained in a tree - if you do not have the ability you want to set trained, you will have to reset that tree and train that ability.
|Tier 1 ability only||up to Tier 2 ability||up to Tier 3 ability||up to Tier 4 ability|
|(Unlock/Upgrade 0)||(Upgrade 1)||(Upgrade 2)||(Upgrade 3)|
|1st Twist slot||1 Fate Point||2 Fate Points||3 Fate Points||4 Fate Points|
|2nd Twist slot||2 Fate Points||3 Fate Points||4 Fate Points||5 Fate Points|
|3rd Twist slot||3 Fate Points||4 Fate Points||5 Fate Points||6 Fate Points|
Fate Point maximum and slot combinations
- 1 Fate Point is awarded for every 3 Epic Destiny levels achieved.
- 2 Fate Points awarded at level 29
- 3 Fate Points awarded at level 30
- 1 Fate Point is awarded for every 4 Epic Past Life.
- Up to an additional 3 Fate Points are available from the Tome of Fate
- Update 29
- There are currently 12 Epic Destinies available with 5 levels each → a total of 20 Fate Points available from levels.
- 12 Epic Past Life Feats each stack up to 3 times → 36 Epic Past Lives → 9 Fate Points
- 3 Fate Points from the Tome of Fate
- 5 Fate Points for level cap
- Total maximum achievable Fate Points = 37
- Maximum Combination of Twists
- Tier 4 (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10), Tier 3 (2 + 3 + 4 = 9), 2 (3 + 4 = 7) and either two Tier 1s (4 + 5 = 9) or a Tier 2 (4 + 5 = 9)
- Tier 4 (1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10), three Tier 2s (5 + 7 + 9 = 21), Tier 1 (5), with 1 FP left over
|1st Twist slot
|2nd Twist slot
|3rd Twist slot
|Total cost in Fate Points|