Twist of Fate
 Twists of Fate
The rules regarding Epic Destiny abilities can be bent a little with Twists of Fate. Twists of Fate allow you to possess an Epic Destiny ability from an unlocked but inactive destiny tree.
Each character can unlock up to three Twist of Fate slots. Characters who achieved Epic Completionist can have another slot. Characters begin with no unlocked slots, and must spend their first Fate Point to unlock the first Twist of Fate slot. After that, you can choose between upgrading unlocked slot(s) or unlocking the second or third Twist of Fate slot.
When a Twist of Fate slot is first unlocked, it can only accommodate tier 1 Epic Destiny abilities. Slots can then be upgraded to accommodate tier 2, 3, and 4 abilities at increasing Fate Point cost. Twist of Fate slots work only on tiered abilities. You can not Twist an innate ability, nor can you Twist any tier 5 or 6 abilities from any Destiny.
To unlock or upgrade a Twist of Fate slot, click the "+" icon on the right side of the slot. The icon will only be active if you have enough Fate Points to unlock or upgrade that slot. Twist of Fate slot purchases can be reset by Fatespinner NPCs for free, in case you wish to re-allocate your Fate Points among unlocking and upgrading slots.
To set a Twist of Fate, drag the ability from the Abilities list down to the desired slot. Unless you are setting an ability from the active destiny, this will require checking "Show All" at the bottom of the abilities list to see trained abilities from non-active destinies. Note that you can only set abilities that you have trained in a tree - if you do not have the ability you want to set trained, you will have to reset that tree and train that ability.
|Tier 1 ability only||up to Tier 2 ability||up to Tier 3 ability||up to Tier 4 ability|
|(Unlock/Upgrade 0)||(Upgrade 1)||(Upgrade 2)||(Upgrade 3)|
|1st Twist slot||1 Fate Point||2 Fate Points||3 Fate Points||4 Fate Points|
|2nd Twist slot||2 Fate Points||3 Fate Points||4 Fate Points||5 Fate Points|
|3rd Twist slot||3 Fate Points||4 Fate Points||5 Fate Points||6 Fate Points|
 Fate Point maximum and slot combinations
- One Fate Point is awarded for every three Epic Destiny levels achieved.
- One Fate Point is awarded for every four Epic Past Life.
- Up to an additional 2 Fate Points are available from the Tome of Fate
- Update 20
- There are currently 11 Epic Destinies available with 5 levels each, for a total of 18 Fate Points available from levels (54 levels usable and 1 left over).
- 12 Epic Past Life Feats each stack up to 3 times → 36 Epic Past Lives → 9 Fate Points
- 2 Fate Points from the Tome of Fate
- Total maximum achievable Fate Point = 29
- In the future (Update 22?)
- A new Divine Epic Destiny is added which brings total ED levels up to 60, results in for a total of 20 Fate Points
- The rest remain unchanged
- Total maximum achievable Fate Point = 31
|1st Twist slot
|2nd Twist slot
|3rd Twist slot
|Total cost in Fate Points|
See additional table for fourth slot combinations.