Tower of Frost
Theobald the Antiquarian is behind on the rent for his tower - and for some reason it's started to snow in the middle of tropical Stormreach.
|Tower of Frost|
|Takes place in:||Theobald's Tower|
|Bestowed by:||Crawben Bix|
|NPC contact:||Crawben Bix|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
A landlord wants you to evict a tenant named Theobald the Antiquarian who is behind on his rent. There's just one catch - Theobald has apparently disappeared, and for some reason it's started to snow outside his tower in tropical Stormreach. Have Crawben Bix show you the way to Theobald's Tower. Then explore the tower and find the missing wizard.
- Find Theobald the Antiquarian
- Defeat the Ice Mephits
- Disable the wards on the Eye of Risia: 4
- Use the Claim Ticket in the correct place
- Create a story using the illusions
- Use the Lamp in the right place
- Obtain the Eye of Risia
- Close the Portal to Risia
- Defeat the Frost Giants
- (Optional) Find Nibbles the Squirrel - 1%
- (Optional) Use Nibbles the Squirrel in the proper place - 1%
- (Optional) Defeat the Fey - 20%
- (Optional) Find the Vial of Demon Blood - 1%
- (Optional) Use the Vial of Demon Blood in the proper place - 1%
- (Optional) Defeat the Demons - 20%
Trap and Lock DCs
(6) Acid and Sonic pressure plates on the security level
Tips and Misc
- Ground Floor
- Enter the tower and head north east. Approach the orcs, kill them, and go upstairs.
- Optionally, if looking for more fight on this level, check the gold piles on the west and the Eye of Risia in the center.
- Kill orcs in the kitchen, then proceed to the fridge.
- Kill all mephits in the fridge, then disable the ward on the far wall. This melts some of the orc groups.
- Avoid the gold piles unless looking for more fight.
- To access the next level, turn left and up when leaving the fridge.
- Servant Quarters
- Kill some servants in the center of the room. Get Claim Ticket from the table and pull a nearby lever.
- (All in-quest items that you need to pick up in this quest are virtual, i.e. anyone in the party can get them, and everyone can turn them in.)
- Exit to the next level is in the NE corner.
- Storage Level
- Turn in the Claim Ticket for a Shiny Lamp by talking to magic mouth.
- A lever in the NW corner opens your way upstairs.
- Kill Satyrs, animated bushes and destroy hedge walls to reach another ward in the center of the east wall.
- Optionally, Nibbles can be found in a random location roaming on this level. You can later sacrifice it on the Summoning Circle level for an optional fight.
- Proceed SE to the next level.
- Use the levers near the three stages to populate the stages so that they together form one of the stories that the Magic Mouth lists. When you get a stage right, a light lights up.
- Talk to the Magic Mouth to verify you got it right. Proceed to a shrine and into Summoning Circle.
- Summoning Circle
- Use the lamp with the Summoning Circle to summon a djinni. He will dispel the whirlwind around the ward of air.
- Optionally, place Nibbles on the Summoning Circle to summon a bunch of Satyrs and a Dryad boss. Killing them awards XP and a chest.
- Optionally, place Vial on the Summoning Circle to summon a bunch of Dretches and a Goristro boss. Killing them awards XP and a chest. (Note: Vial of Demon Blood is located on the next floor.)
- Proceed to the Library.
- Library Level
- Optionally, take the Vial of Demon Blood. You can complete this optional objective on the Summoning Circle level.
- Kill the Salamanders and disable the ward of fire.
- Secret door in the center the room hides a locked chest guarded by Crawling Coinage.
- Proceed to the Security Level.
- Security Level
- This level features some teleporting pressure plates, lot of icy monsters, and also explosive pressure plate traps.
- Optionally (recommended), solve a trapped puzzle to power on the elevator.
- Bug: Solving the puzzle may not activate the elevator.
- It also contains a pair of shrines.
- Exit to the inner sanctum is also located on this level; but first you need to grab the Eye.
- Ground Floor
- Return to the ground floor and grab the Eye of Risia.
- Use the elevator to beam back up to the Security Center, then proceed to the Inner Sanctum.
- Inner Sanctum
- Throw the Eye into the portal.
- Kill the Frost Giants.
Epic Normal play-throughs
- Aggression bonus: 220-231 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 289-293 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 5 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 hidden locked chest (DC >= 62 on EN, roll of 20 on knock in the first video)
- 1 chest after Dryad wave
- 1 chest after Goristro wave
- 1 end chest
- Collectables: 4
- Reagents Cabinet on the W side of the Kitchen level
- Fungus near S door of the Garden level
- Reagents Cabinet in the Summoning Circle
- Adventurer's Pack in the secret room on the Library level
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
- Bottled Winter - Consumable, ML1, BtA: Casts a Fortitude saving condition against target and any enemies in a small radius. Drops occasionally in stack of five (elite) from the end chest.
Heroic gear (ML14, BtA)
- Returning Snowball - Dart 1.5[1d4], 18-20x2: , , , , , ,
- Utilitarian Necklace: , , , ,
- Whirling Words - Rune Arm: Maximum Charge Tier: V, , , , , ,
Epic gear (ML27, BtA)
- Epic Returning Snowball - Dart 5[1d4], 18-20x2: , , , , , ,
- Legendary Utilitarian Necklace: , , , ,
- Epic Whirling Words - Rune Arm: Maximum Charge Tier: V, , , , , ,
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 02:27:24 cache updated, time elapsed = 0.09270191192627 (please, do not keep reloading this page unless necessary, since it will not load from the cache, it will be re-generated from scratch every time, putting some additional load on the server every time)