Three-Barrel Cove (epic)
Please help improve this page.
You can help by editing this page. For suggestions, please see the talk page, or embedded <!-- comments --> while .
|Requires access to : Three-Barrel Cove|
Epic version of the Three-Barrel Cove is a level 25 Wilderness Adventure Area, allowing characters level 20 through 29 for full XP rewards.
Optionally, complete the Pirates of the Thunder Sea mini pre-quest to guide you when getting to Three-Barrel Cove.
For the heroic version, see Three-Barrel Cove (heroic).
|Quest Name||Quest Level||Total Favor||Patron|
|Ghost of a Chance (Epic)||25||12||The Free Agents||♣11,457||♦19,665||♥20,235||♠20,805|
|A Legend Revisited||25||12||The Free Agents||♣14,617||♦25,091||♥25,821||♠26,550|
|Old Tomb, New Tenants||25||15||The Free Agents||♣11,575||♦20,181||♥20,767||♠21,352|
|Prove Your Worth (Epic)||25||12||The Free Agents||♣12,209||♦20,957||♥21,564||♠22,173|
|Precious Cargo||25||21||The Free Agents||♣11,231||♦19,277||♥19,836||♠20,394|
Cory Seagrass, a male NPC near the entrance offers the following fast travel within the zone, as you find each location. No Astral Shard usage required.
- near The Legend of Two-Toed Tobias
- near Garl's Tomb
- near the Fire Caves
- near Prove Your Worth
- near Ghost of a Chance
- near The Scoundrel's Run
- Slay 10 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 3,354 XP = 335.4 xp/kill
- Slay 25 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 4,425 XP = 177 xp/kill
- Slay 50 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 5,937 XP = 118.74 xp/kill
- Slay 100 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 8,599 XP = 85.99 xp/kill
- Slay 200 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 12,765 XP = 63.83 xp/kill
- Slay 400 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 21,675 XP = 54.19 xp/kill
- Slay 750 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 45,140 XP = 60.19 xp/kill
- Slay 1,500 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 72,900 XP = 48.6 xp/kill
- Slay 3,000 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 146,325 XP = 48.78 xp/kill
- Slay 5,000 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 203,175 XP = 40.64 xp/kill
- Slay 7,500 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 256,125 XP = 34.15 xp/kill
4,200 XP each, 25,200 XP bonus for finding and defeating all
- Slay Captain Silverlance
- Slay Old Hardtack, the ogre pirate captain
- Slay Barris Bluebeard Amanatu, the pirate captain
- Slay Captain Rackam, the orc pirate
- Slay Captain Thoth
- Defeat Jack Jibbers, the wraith pirate captain
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Gorgon
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Claw of the Crag
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Cloudreaver
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Ill Fate
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Betrayer's Visage
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Blade's Curse
Lore and dungeon entrances are shared with Heroic version. Epic version gets following logbook entries additionally.
Hatchet-face Ned's Logbooks
2,100 XP each, 6,300 XP bonus for finding all
- Ahraatz-Ri is dead - and so is Captain Tew. 'Tis a black day for the Blood Tide. Yet this black cloud may still have a golden lining for old Hatchet-face Ned. If I can make to the Cove before the others, Ahraatz-Ri's treasure will be mine!
- I heard tell of the booty when last I shipped with the Blood Tide. Ahraatz-Ri and Captain Tew were talking about it one night up in the forecastle. Been drinking too much of the Old Sully's, they had. Said they'd laid treasure by in Three Barrel Cove, just in case things ever went wrong - enough treasure to last a man through three lifetimes of shore leave.
- Of course I weren't the only one who heard them talk about the treasure. By now every seadog from Stormreach to Sharn has heard the tale. nobody dared touch a coin of it while Azraatz-Ri was alive, for fear he'd turn them into something terrible. But now ... well, all's fair in love when the wench is dead. Or however that one goes.
- I was resting me eyes in a shady glade when the serpent-folk came a-slithering out of the jungle. Yuan-ti in Three-Barrel Cove! Been an age or more since their kind have been seen in these islands. Could be they're after the treasure too. I'll not be the one to find out, for I left the spot as quick as me feet would take me. Hatchet-face Ned doesn't intend to end his life as an offering to the Devourer!
- Tis as I feared. Every buccaneer on the Thunder Sea has come to Three-Barrel to try for the treasure. Bluebeard Amanatu, Captain Silverlance, Old Hardtack from Droaam. Seems like every day there's another pirate airship over the island. I run for the trees the instant I see one. Not even the heartiest old salt can stand up to a magefire cannon.
- The view, the water, the sea breeze ... The Cove is a fine spot indeed! A man could learn to like it here, if it weren't for the poxy harpies ... and the scorpions ... and o'course all the other pirates coming after your swag. Still, methinks when old Ned has pillaged another port or three he'll come back to the Cove and live out his days in the sun.
- Now what did that old scoundrel Ratty do with his hoard? By now every pirate in the Thunder Sea has been over this island from stem to stem. We've found a dab of gold here, a few trinkets there - but nothing like what Ahraatz-Ri used to talk about. Methinks we're looking for the wrong thing.
- Jack Jibbers just pulled into port, looking for a crew. That hell-blasted haunt is after the treasure too! Of course, he don't ship with none but the undead as his deckhands. And if there aren't any convenient - why then, he'll go out and make some.
- They were telling tales about Jack Jibbers back in Barrel's Bottom. Said he can't be killed so long as the blade in his breast stays unbroken. Old Tomkins laughed and asked me if I'd kept the hatchet - maybe it'd keep me alive forever too. A fool thing to say! That hatchet was ruined, and of course they'd thrown it overboard by the time by the time [sic] I came to.
- Captain Rackam was going on about his infamous Trial again. The old blowhard! Hatchet-face Ned is much too savvy to be caught in his net. 'Tis but a death trap he's made so he can pick the bones of any so foolish as to try it.
- Last night every man jack in the Salty Wench was talking about the new arrival in town. An ambassador , they said - an ambassador from Argonnessen! Well now, I'd never seen a dragon, so of course I went on over to have a squint. What a hornswaggle! 'Twas only some wee elf woman with her hair askew.
- Captain Tew - he's back. The Karrnathi necromancers got to him, I reckon. Being dead hasn't done his face any favors, mind. But he's madder than a sea snake about the treasure. Says that the Blood Tide will have the heads of any who try to take it. So 'its time for Hatchet-face Ned to ship out the Three-Barrel Cove. I've heard of treasure in Smuggler's Rest. Maybe I'll set sail for there.
All items are Minimum Level 24 and .