Please help improve this page.
Three-Barrel Cove Epic map Spoilers!
Epic version of the Three-Barrel Cove is a level 25 Wilderness Adventure Area, allowing characters level 20 through 29 for full XP rewards.
Optionally, complete the Pirates of the Thunder Sea mini pre-quest to guide you when getting to Three-Barrel Cove.
For the heroic version, see Three-Barrel Cove (heroic).
Cory Seagrass, a male NPC near the entrance offers the following fast travel within the zone, as you find each location. No Astral Shard usage required.
- near The Legend of Two-Toed Tobias
- near Garl's Tomb
- near the Fire Caves
- near Prove Your Worth
- near Ghost of a Chance
- near The Scoundrel's Run
- Slay 10 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 3,354 XP = 335.4 xp/kill
- Slay 25 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 4,425 XP = 177 xp/kill
- Slay 50 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 5,937 XP = 118.74 xp/kill
- Slay 100 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 8,599 XP = 85.99 xp/kill
- Slay 200 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 12,765 XP = 63.83 xp/kill
- Slay 400 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 21,675 XP = 54.19 xp/kill
- Slay 750 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 45,140 XP = 60.19 xp/kill
- Slay 1,500 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 72,900 XP = 48.6 xp/kill
- Slay 3,000 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 146,325 XP = 48.78 xp/kill
- Slay 5,000 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 203,175 XP = 40.64 xp/kill
- Slay 7,500 creatures in Three Barrel Cove: 256,125 XP = 34.15 xp/kill
4,200 XP each, 25,200 XP bonus for finding and defeating all
- Slay Captain Silverlance
- Slay Old Hardtack, the ogre pirate captain
- Slay Barris Bluebeard Amanatu, the pirate captain
- Slay Captain Rackam, the orc pirate
- Slay Captain Thoth
- Defeat Jack Jibbers, the wraith pirate captain
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Gorgon
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Claw of the Crag
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Cloudreaver
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Ill Fate
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Betrayer's Visage
- Destroy the Pirate Airship, The Blade's Curse
Lore and dungeon entrances are shared with Heroic version. Epic version gets following logbook entries additionally.
Hatchet-face Ned's Logbooks
2,100 XP each, 6,300 XP bonus for finding all
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 1:Found by the captain's wheel of the Sea Witch (the boat just southwest of the entrance). Ahraatz-Ri is dead - and so is Captain Tew. 'Tis a black day for the Blood Tide. Yet this black cloud may still have a golden lining for old Hatchet-face Ned. If I can make to the Cove before the others, Ahraatz-Ri's treasure will be mine!
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 2:Found on an island in the southwest part of the map. (climb up from the water to the larger island then cross over to the smaller island across the small bridge up top) I heard tell of the booty when last I shipped with the Blood Tide. Ahraatz-Ri and Captain Tew were talking about it one night up in the forecastle. Been drinking too much of the Old Sully's, they had. Said they'd laid treasure by in Three Barrel Cove, just in case things ever went wrong - enough treasure to last a man through three lifetimes of shore leave.
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 3:Found on a cliff a bit west of the entrance to "The Legend of Two-Toed Tobias." Of course I weren't the only one who heard them talk about the treasure. By now every seadog from Stormreach to Sharn has heard the tale. nobody dared touch a coin of it while Azraatz-Ri was alive, for fear he'd turn them into something terrible. But now ... well, all's fair in love when the wench is dead. Or however that one goes.
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 4:Found at the pirate camp in the middle of the island, by the campfire. I was resting me eyes in a shady glade when the serpent-folk came a-slithering out of the jungle. Yuan-ti in Three-Barrel Cove! Been an age or more since their kind have been seen in these islands. Could be they're after the treasure too. I'll not be the one to find out, for I left the spot as quick as me feet would take me. Hatchet-face Ned doesn't intend to end his life as an offering to the Devourer!
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 5:Found on one of the rocky ledges on the path to the Fire Caves, north of the zone entrance. Tis as I feared. Every buccaneer on the Thunder Sea has come to Three-Barrel to try for the treasure. Bluebeard Amanatu, Captain Silverlance, Old Hardtack from Droaam. Seems like every day there's another pirate airship over the island. I run for the trees the instant I see one. Not even the heartiest old salt can stand up to a magefire cannon.
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 6:On a cliff on the west part of the island. (south of the entrance to "Ghost of a Chance", north of the island with the old marketplace tent topper) The view, the water, the sea breeze ... The Cove is a fine spot indeed! A man could learn to like it here, if it weren't for the poxy harpies ... and the scorpions ... and o'course all the other pirates coming after your swag. Still, methinks when old Ned has pillaged another port or three he'll come back to the Cove and live out his days in the sun.
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 7:Found in the spiderweb area at the northwest of the map near the Scoundrel's Run entrance. Now what did that old scoundrel Ratty do with his hoard? By now every pirate in the Thunder Sea has been over this island from stem to stem. We've found a dab of gold here, a few trinkets there - but nothing like what Ahraatz-Ri used to talk about. Methinks we're looking for the wrong thing.
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 8:Found on a rock in coming out of the water southeast of the entrance to "Scoundrel's Run." (southeast of the fenced-in area in the middle of the water) Jack Jibbers just pulled into port, looking for a crew. That hell-blasted haunt is after the treasure too! Of course, he don't ship with none but the undead as his deckhands. And if there aren't any convenient - why then, he'll go out and make some.
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 9:Found by a campfire on a rock northeast from the entrance to "Garl's Tomb." (go around clockwise, past the wrecked ship) They were telling tales about Jack Jibbers back in Barrel's Bottom. Said he can't be killed so long as the blade in his breast stays unbroken. Old Tomkins laughed and asked me if I'd kept the hatchet - maybe it'd keep me alive forever too. A fool thing to say! That hatchet was ruined, and of course they'd thrown it overboard by the time by the time [sic] I came to.
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 10:Found on a rocky ledge by a lava 'waterfall' just southwest of the entrance to the Fire Caves. Captain Rackam was going on about his infamous Trial again. The old blowhard! Hatchet-face Ned is much too savvy to be caught in his net. 'Tis but a death trap he's made so he can pick the bones of any so foolish as to try it.
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 11:North of Ghost of a Chance, at the base of a sandy ramp (follow the rock wall north) Last night every man jack in the Salty Wench was talking about the new arrival in town. An ambassador , they said - an ambassador from Argonnessen! Well now, I'd never seen a dragon, so of course I went on over to have a squint. What a hornswaggle! 'Twas only some wee elf woman with her hair askew.
- Hatchet-face Ned's Log 12:Found on the front-deck of the air-ship in the north-east of the map. (Near the entrance to Precious Cargo) Captain Tew - he's back. The Karrnathi necromancers got to him, I reckon. Being dead hasn't done his face any favors, mind. But he's madder than a sea snake about the treasure. Says that the Blood Tide will have the heads of any who try to take it. So 'its time for Hatchet-face Ned to ship out the Three-Barrel Cove. I've heard of treasure in Smuggler's Rest. Maybe I'll set sail for there.
All items are Minimum Level 24 and Bound to Account on AcquireBound to Account on Acquire: This item is Bound to Account on Acquire.
- Drowned Priest's Torch - Club, 2[W], 20/x2 - +7 Enhancement Bonus+7 Enhancement Bonus: +7 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls., Spellcasting Implement +21, Combustion +114, Yellow Augment SlotYellow AugmentsColorless Augments - Topaz of Water Breathing, Red Augment SlotRed AugmentsColorless Augments - Ruby of Devotion +114, Insightful Faith
- Iron Mitts - Gloves - Strength +8 Strength +8: This item gives the wearer the power of Ogre Strength, granting a +8 enhancement bonus to Strength., Healing Amplification: +60 Competence BonusHealing Amplification: +60 Competence Bonus: This effect amplifies all incoming positive energy healing by +60 (includes spells, potions, and other effects)., Vitality +40Vitality +40: Passive: +40 Vitality bonus to Hit Points., Resistance +7 Resistance +7: Passive: +7 Resistance bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will Saving Throws., Colorless Augment SlotColorless Augments
- Mutineer's Blade - Rapier, 2[W], 16-20/x2 - +7 Enhancement Bonus+7 Enhancement Bonus: +7 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls., Dexterity +8 Dexterity +8: This item makes the wearer more nimble and dexterous, granting a +8 enhancement bonus to Dexterity., Ghostbane VIIIGhostbane VIII: On Hit: 8 to 32 Bane Damage vs Undead. (Bane damage cannot be resisted.)
Passive: Attacks from this weapon bypass the miss chance of incorporeal creatures, such as ghosts, shadows, and wraiths., BrillianceBrilliance: This weapon glows with the light of Irian. This weapon deals an extra 1 to 6 points of light damage on a successful hit. In addition critical hits deal an additional 1 to 10 light damage for weapons with a x2 critical multiplier, 2 to 20 for a x3 critical multiplier and 3 to 30 for a x4 multiplier., CoruscatingCoruscating: This weapon shines with an inner light. A coruscating weapon deals an extra 2 to 12 points of light damage on a successful hit., Improved DisruptionImproved Disruption: On Hit: 4 to 24 Bane damage to Undead.
On Vorpal Hit: If an undead struck by this weapon has fewer than 1500 Hit Points, it is instantly slain. If the undead has above 1500 Hit Points, it takes 150 damage., Red Augment SlotRed AugmentsColorless Augments
- Orcish Privateer's Boots - Boots - Speed XSpeed X: Passive: +30% enhancement bonus to movement speed, +10 enhancement bonus to melee and ranged attack speed., Freedom of MovementFreedom of Movement: This item grants its wearer the ability to move and attack normally while under the influence of magic that impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow and web., Fire Resistance +50Fire Resistance +50: Passive: +50 Enhancement bonus to your Fire Resistance., Fire Absorption 30%Fire Absorption 30%: Passive: 30% Enhancement Bonus to Fire Absorption. (Absorption reduces damage from an element by a percentage, after resistance have been taken into account.), Colorless Augment SlotColorless Augments - Diamond of Intimidate +13Intimidate +13: Passive: +13 Competence bonus to the Intimidate skill.
- Kobold Admiral's Tiller - Buckler - +7 Enhancement Bonus+7 Enhancement Bonus: +7 enhancement bonus to Armor Class, attack and damage rolls., Dodge +10% Dodge +10%: +10% Enhancement bonus to Dodge., Axeblock VIIAxeblock VII: Passive: Reduces physical damage taken by 14, except from Bludgeoning or Piercing weapons. (Damage Reduction: 14/Pierce, Bludgeon), Hammerblock VIIHammerblock VII: Passive: Reduces physical damage taken by 14, except from Piercing or Slashing weapons. (Damage Reduction: 14/Pierce, Bludgeon), GuardbreakingGuardbreaking: This item enables you to break an enemy's guard in between your melee attacks. On critical hits with your melee weapons, enemies will become dazed as a result., Colorless Augment SlotColorless Augments: Diamond of Balance +13Balance +13: Passive: +13 Competence bonus to the Balance skill.