|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Storehouse's Secret
Items from across the entire history of Korthos are hidden away beneath the dust of this storehouse.
|The Storehouse's Secret|
|Heroic XP:||♣156 ♦260 ♥276 ♠292|
|Takes place in:||Village Storehouse|
|NPC contact:||Linus Weir|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Village|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Linus Weir wants you to search the Village Storehouse for a scroll that supposedly details hidden dragon secrets. The Storehouse is on the north side of the Korthos Village square, across the path from the Wavecrest Tavern.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the hidden scroll.
- Break crates and barrels to find the Silver Key.
- Unlock the scroll room with the Silver Key.
- Solve the puzzle to drop the barrier.
What to Expect
- Puzzle (mandatory: tile puzzle)
Tips and Misc
- This adventure is easier than most of this level.
- This quest is the rework of the Search for the Rare Scrolls quest from the original harbor area.
- Smash crates and barrels in the southeast room until you find the Silver Key, which unlocks a door on the northern wall of the room where you first enter the dungeon. Beyond the door, you will find the scroll behind a magical barrier in the middle of a square tile puzzle. The barrier can be dropped by solving the puzzle, which can be accomplished by rotating various tiles on the floor to route magical energy from the center of the puzzle to the sphere tiles in each of the four corners.
- The boss Sahuagin, Huul Eyx, emerges from a secret passage in the southern-most room as soon as you pick up the Silver Key, which will be in a random breakable. He may be too tough for a solo non-fighter. The boxes stacked as steps can be used to take him out with a ranged weapon from above, though he might climb up to get you and can still target you with ranged spells.
- The quest produces a Gilded Scroll Case item that does not get automatically removed from the inventory after finishing the quest and needs to be given to Linus Weir to receive a quest reward. It has no use for players.
- To solve the puzzle, you have to route power from the power source just north of the scroll to the circles in each of the four corners. Each floor tile contains a pipe (a straight pipe, an elbow, a T-pipe or a cross), and each tile can be rotated by clicking it. Rotate the tiles to create a power grid to route power to the four corners. A pipe section lights up when it has been connected to the grid. The round rune tiles that need to be lit up can only be lit from one side (pipe like section on one side), in this puzzle. That is not always the case in other similar puzzles.
- There are a total of 60 breakables.
- Aggression bonus: 9 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 32 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 41 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 51 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 1
- 1 for killing Huul Eyx (Sahuagin, found down a small tunnel accesible after you pick up the Silver Key)
- NPC rewards: Choice of belt
- Agile Belt - Belt: Reflex Save +1
- Girdle of Lesser Fortitude - Belt: Fortitude Save +1
- Rugged Belt - Belt: Lesser False Life
- Reanimated rats (CR 0.25 (casual, normal), 1 (hard), 3 (elite))
- Small brown spiders (CR 0.25 (casual, normal), 0.5 (hard), 1 (elite))