|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Spinner of Shadows
Deep within Khyber, near Tarath Marad, lies the prison of the Demon Overlord known as the Spinner of Shadows. For ages she has waited for just one moment of freedom so that she may once again spin her web of treachery.
|The Spinner of Shadows|
|Heroic XP:||♣3,544 ♦6,150 ♥6,392 ♠6,634|
|Epic XP:||♣14,188 ♦19,040 ♥19,403 ♠19,766|
|Takes place in:||The Spinner's Prison|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Rakshasas and Drow who worship the Demon Overlord known as the Spinner of Shadows have managed to break into the prison where the Spinner of Shadows has been trapped for countless ages.
Go to the Spinner's Prison and prevent the Spinner of Shadows from returning to Eberron. If this Overlord is let loose upon the world, the consequences will be catastrophic.
This is the third and final quest of the Web of Chaos story arc. To flag for this quest, you must complete the first two quests in the story arc, in the correct order - The Lords of Dust followed by Servants of the Overlord. You may not enter the quest to join your party members if you are not flagged either, regardless of their flagging status. You must complete this quest and its follow up Beyond the Rift, to travel to Eveningstar in the Forgotten Realms.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the Spinner of Shadows inside her prison.
- Restore the Spinner's eternal prison
- Relight the wards with recaptured Ward Crystals (Light 9 wards total)
- (Optional) Save The Silver Flame (~ 15% of base XP)
Tips and Misc
- Although the entrance to this quest is at the end of Servants of the Overlord, you don't have to continue directly from there; you can exit to sell, repair and buff, and then return to the Harbor entrance.
- Four ward shards are needed to ignite one of the warding pillars. There are 9 pillars, so you will need 36 shards total.
- The Silver Flame
- The Silver Flame will heal you every few seconds with a cure moderate wounds, mass.
- The Silver Flame will also remove Demonic Poison every few seconds. There is no other way to rid yourself of it, so stay close to him while you engage the Spinner.
- The Silver Flame will provide twice during the encounter, a stack 12 Sphere of Silver Flame Essences thrown projectiles to use against the Spinner of Shadows. One stack may be taken immediately, and another after you save the silver flame during the optional.
- The Silver Flame will cause the Spinner's shield to drop after 1 stacks of its aura, allowing you to harm her as long as the aura is at 1 or more stacks. If you reach 4 or more stacks, her damage mitigation aura will drop completely. Note her aura is not damage reduction, but rather a percentile mitigation that applies to ALL damage. 5+ stacks will render her more vulnerable to certain damage types. Known types: Cold, Force, Sonic, Acid.
- At some point in the fight red Flame Eaters will attempt to kill the Flame. (Seems to be after enough shards to light 4 warding pillars are dropped by blue Flame Eaters - needs confirmation - regardless of whether or not the shards are picked up.)
- The Spinner of Shadows
- The Spinner cannot be harmed while her shield is up. It can be lowered by positioning her near the silver flame, even a single stack of it's debuff will lower the shield, partially. It starts at 100% damage mitigation, and drops to 75%/50%/25/0% for 1/2/3/4+ stacks respectively.
- Harming the Spinner enough will eventually cause more blue Flame Eaters to appear.
- From the second wave on, the Spinner will cause either Khyber Reavers or Hezrous (Depending on quest difficulty) to spawn to attack you.
- Similar to Xyzzy, the Spinner is immune to weapon procs initially. She loses this immunity once the silver flame debuff is applied, even a single application does this.
- You may also apply the silver flame debuff yourself, by asking the silver frame to grant you his essence. It functions as throwing weapon. It applies the effect even if you only score a grazing hit, so your to hit bonus is irrelevant as long as your aim is accurate.
- The silver flame debuff also damages the spinner, it deals 10d10 damage every 2 seconds, light damage. Higher stacks may or may not increased the damage, untested.
- Blue/Red Flame Eaters
- The blue Flame Eaters can be killed to drop a Ward Crystal.
- The red Flame Eaters are spawned in a single wave by the Spinner, to attempt to destroy the Silver Flame.
- More blue Flame Eaters can be spawned by hurting the Spinner. You do not have to kill the previous spawns before spawning more.
- After the initial defeat, she will retreat and summon more reinforcements in waves, including the additional eaters. You can do this twice at specific points of the encounter. Further defeats after the first two will only result in her "hatching" two blue flame eaters and healing to full again instantly, she will also be more resistant to the silver flame debuff at this point, causing it to take longer between stacks.
- Blue Flame Eaters seem to spawn in equal numbers on the lava and maze side.
- As the battle progresses, the monster respawn rate becomes more and more aggressive.
- On Normal/Hard: Khyber Reavers spawn more frequently and eventually in larger numbers.
- On Elite/Epic: Khyber Hezrou spawn more frequently and eventually in larger numbers.
- Protection from Fire and Death Ward are highly recommended here.
- Aggression bonus: 40 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 48 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 56 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: Two total:
- 1 bonus chest at the end for the optional: (Save the Silver Flame)
- 1 end chest at quest completion
- Epic difficulty: The Epic Chest replaces the end chest. It contains a single dungeon token and a small chance at shards.
- NPC rewards: Standard, Choose from 7, Up to ML:14
- Doublecross Bow - Repeating Light Crossbow - +4, Poison Burst, Crippling, Armor-Piercing - 10%, Nightshade Venom (End Chest (to the right of The Silver Flame))
- Luminous Truth - Quarterstaff - + 4, (Enhanced threat: 19-20/x2), Spellcasting Implement +12, Combustion +72, Radiance +72, Major Fire Lore, Major Radiance Lore, Flaming Burst, Incandescence (End chest)
- Templar's Bastion - Medium Armor - +4, Mithral, DR 5/Evil, Spell Resistance (25), Light Guard (End chest)
- Templar's Docent - Docent - +4, DR 5/Evil, Spell Resistance (25), Light Guard (End chest)
- Templar's Justice - Dwarven Axe - +4, Cold Iron, Holy Burst, Incandescence}, Godly Wrath (End chest)
- Templar's Retribution - Bastard Sword - +4, Cold Iron, Holy Burst, Incandescence, Godly Wrath (End chest)
- Bloated Flame Eaters
- Drow Priestesses - just a few near the start
- Drow Warriors - just a few near the start
- Flame Eaters - both blue and red
- Jarilith Guard - only appears on Elite+
- Khyber Hezrou - only appears on Hard+ - appear in greater numbers on epic
- Khyber Reavers - only appear on Normal
- Rakshasa Lords - just one near the start