The Reaver's Fate
|Requires access to : Ruins of Gianthold|
The Stormreaver's Inner Sanctum is home to a terrible doomsday device. The clock is ticking...
|The Reaver's Fate|
|Takes place in:||Stormreaver's Inner Sanctum|
|Quest acquired in:||Gianthold|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
You are sought to defeat the Stormreaver and stop his doomsday device, in order to save Xen'drik.
Complete The Reaver's Bane story arc (four quests):
With Update 17 it is no longer necessary to turn in relics or kill the dragons in the Gianthold Tor.
You are flagged if you are on: The Reaver's Fate (Enter: Stormreaver's Inner Sanctum, journal section: Gianthold). Reflagging is never required.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Disable the Stormreaver's ancient doomsday device
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Puzzle (mandatory: Mastermind puzzle)
- Timed quest (20 minutes, the timer doesn't start until a party member approaches the Stormreaver)
- Quest failure (if the Stormreaver dies before all the ceiling skulls are spinning or if the Mastermind puzzle is not solved before the time runs out)
- Spikes on the way to resurrection/blue barrier switch
Tips and Misc
- Staying out of the center of the room while fighting is advised to avoid being thrown up into the ceiling spikes when the Stormreaver uses his anti-gravity effect.
- The blue barrier which appears just within the entrance after initiating the quest will cast an AOE spell point drain (Have seen ticks ranging from 163-276 Spell Points (normal) 483-1083 Spell Points (elite) every 4 seconds (on normal)) to characters standing too close to it.
- Do not kill the Stormreaver until all the spinning skulls ("orbs") are lit and the switch for the western puzzle area blue barrier has been pulled. The Stormreaver gives out a spell called "Fly" for the purpose of pulling a switch (located in a spike-lined tunnel in the ceiling, to the West) after all the orbs are lit. The resurrection switch is also found through the spiked tunnel and to the east. It is usually good for someone to hit both switches (although the fly spell may not last this long, just in case someone dies they can rejoin the fight and help once again.
- Arcanes, Do not use dimension door in the quest. It will take you to the start, behind a blue barrier which will keep you from being able to get the end-reward chests.
- Air Elementals have extremely high saving throws to discourage players from making the raid too trivial by insta killing them, although Implosion, Finger of Death, Power Word: Kill and Phantasmal Killer are the choices to kill them outright.
- For the puzzle part, it is a straight implementation of "Master Mind" game (Wikipedia article). With a small adjustment with numbers instead of colors to help with colorblind people. Although using solver programs is very popular among players, it is not too difficult to learn the mathematical basics of the game. Try these links if you are interested.
- Walkthrough thread in DDO forums
- Aggression bonus: 17 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 20 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 23 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
The Reaver's Fate raid loot was changed several times. See: The Reaver's Fate loot history for information on the old versions.
- Chests: 4
- 4 at the end, The Gold one contains the unique raid loot.
A bug with stacking Loot Bonuses may result in an empty chest. Scheduled for a fix in U18
- NPC rewards: Standard, choose from 7. Up to level 12 items. On 20th run of this raid you can select from 8 raid items (see Raid loot mechanic for details). Tomes infrequently appear on the 20th, Seals do not.
Named Chest Drop
All items are ML 13 and unless otherwise noted.
- Cloudburst - - ,
- Upgrade: Adds
- Ring of Lies - Ring - , , , , , , Hidden Effect: Increases threat generated by spellcasting by 15%
- Upgrade: → , Adds
- Tenderizer - - , , , , ,
- Upgrade: Adds and
- Treason - , Expanded Threat Range: 18-20 - , , , , uses Dex mod or Str mod for Attack and Damage, whichever is highest.
- Upgrade: & → &
- Seal of the Stormreaver - - Allows you to upgrade 1 item. (Drops only on hard and elite)
Monster Information Named Monsters: