The Kobold's Den: Clan Gnashtooth
Clan Gnashtooth has a less-than-terrifying reputation among adventurers. Gnashtooth kobolds are more numerous than fierce.
|The Kobold's Den: Clan Gnashtooth|
|Heroic XP:||♣588 ♦1,060 ♥1,140 ♠1,220|
|Takes place in:||Clan Gnashtooth Lair|
|Bestowed by:||Guard Tember|
|NPC contact:||Guard Tember|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Part 1 of the Lost Seekers story arc. Find your way through Clan Gnashtooth territory to find the prison.
Find Chief Eechik of Gnashtooth in the depths beneath the Waterworks and 'convince' him to free the brothers ar-Kerran.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Acquire Gnashtooth Guardroom key
- Acquire Cheef Eechik's Key
- Interrogate Chief Eechik about the whereabouts of the brothers ar-Kerran
- Find the entrance to Clan Gnashtooth's prison
- (Optional) Slay 60 kobolds (30% of base XP)
- (Optional) Exterminate the nest of spiders - 10 total (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay the black widow Spite (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay witch doctor Karnatch (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay head guard Graskitch (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay the black widow Misery (15% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed quest item (mandatory: Guardroom Key)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to The Kobold's Den: Rescuing Arlos)
- Acid trap on the first gate. Control panel is on the right wall before the gate. Trap only fires once.
- Fire trap at the 4-way intersection. Control panel is just in front of intersection on right.
- Acid trap on the ladder up to the chest in the room with water and pillars. Control panel is on the base of pillar behind the ladder
- Fire trap on the door to the treasure room north of Chief Eechik.
Tips and Misc
- Make sure to talk to the Harbormaster right in front of the Waterworks before beginning this quest. He will give you a second, related quest, to find missing denizens of Stormreach. You can only do this quest once, however.
- The first acid trap and the first fire trap only fires once each, so you can wait them out if you don't have a rogue. The fire trap starts on the left hand side, so you can quickly run to the right-hand passage before that jet fires.
- The locked door down the first western corridor will allow lock pick attempts, but evidently requires 40 DC on Elite - but is easily opened by obtaining the first key.
- The first key you need is down the eastern corridor, and is either up in the rafters in the room with the sleeping kobolds, or in the room just to the north, with the spiders.
- Graskitch may show up in the room with Eechik's key.
- Spite may show up in the eastern spider room.
- Karnatch may show up in the room with the water and pillars.
- Misery may show up in the big spider room.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 50 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 65 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 80 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 2 traps disarmed
- Neutralization bonus: 3 traps disarmed
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 traps disarmed
- Mischief bonus: 33 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 43 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 52 breakables smashed
- Chests: 3 - 7
- 1 chest found in the room with the water and pillars
- 1 chest found in the room north of Chief Eechick's room, protected by a fire trap
- 1 chest found in the last spider room after the gem locked gate
- 1 optional chest for killing Head Guard Graskitch (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found in the room with Eechik's key)
- 1 optional chest for killing Witch Doctor Karnatch (Kobold, doesn't always spawn, found in the room with the water and pillars)
- 1 optional chest for killing Spite (Black Widow, doesn't always spawn, found in the eastern spider room)
- 1 optional chest for killing Misery (Black Widow, doesn't always spawn, found in the last spider room)
- Collectables: Five
- Cabinet in the SE room, with the sleeping kobolds
- Rubble in the spider room just to the north
- Mushroom in the room with Chief Eechik's key
- Mushroom in the room with the water and pillars
- Cabinet in the big spider room
- NPC rewards: None. There is no quest reward until all 4 waterworks missions are completed.