|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Grey Moon's Den: The Trollish Scourge
Once home to Hragg's ogre tribes, this place has been turned into a charnel house by the invading trolls.
|Requires access to adventure pack: Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Grey Moon's Den: The Trollish Scourge|
|Heroic XP:||♣780 ♦1,380 ♥1,460 ♠1,540|
|Takes place in:||Grey Moon's Den|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Exterminate the trolls infesting the Grey Moon tribe's ancestral caves.
- This is the third of four missions in the Grey Moon Waning story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay the troll chief, Hammerfist
- Slay all of Hammerfist's trolls - 10 total
- (Optional) Kill the ogre collaborators - 14 total (10% Base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Chef Nargryl (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Shaman Hurpostaw (15% Base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Quartermaster Drant (15% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spikes around chest, in the locked room; control box is at the base of the neary crates
- Force trap on bridge; control box is past the bridge, on the northwest pillar
Tips and Misc
- The rooms just south of the bridge don't open until after crossing the bridge.
- The door beyond Hammersmith is locked and cannot be picked.
- Chef Nargyl may appear in the second room to the west; if he doesn't, several black puddings will spawn instead.
- Quartermaster Drant may appear in the locked room; he counts towards "kill the ogres" bonus.
- Blizzard may appear at the end, with Hammersmith; no bonus XP for slaying him, however he drops a chest.
- Hurpostaw may appear in the room southeast of the bridge; he counts towards killing trolls.
- Aggression bonus: 30 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 trap disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 48 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 63 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- In order to get the Vandal bonus, you must cross the bridge to open the two doors up the ladders south of the bridge and break the items in those rooms, before slaying Hammersmith or the last two trolls.
- Chests: 1 - 5
- 1 trapped behind a locked door in the room north of the shrine
- 1 rare optional for killing Chef Nargyl (Hill Giant, found in the second room to the west)
- 1 rare optional for killing Quartermaster Drant (Black Sun Ogre, found in the locked room)
- 1 rare optional for killing Shaman Hurpostaw (Troll Shaman, found in the room southeast of the bridge)
- 1 rare optional for killing Blizzard (Winter Wolf, found at the end)
- Collectables: Five
- Cabinet in the first room to the east
- Cabinet in the second room to the west
- Adventurer's Pack in the locked room (on the crates)
- Cabinet in the room southwest of the bridge
- Crude Altar in the room southeast of the bridge
- NPC rewards: None until all four quests are completed