The Coalescence Chamber
|Requires access to : The Vale of Twilight|
The evil power of Shavarath is quickly encroaching the area surrounding the Fallen Temple.
|The Coalescence Chamber|
|Takes place in:||The Fallen Temple|
|Bestowed by:||Ulvar Kypros|
|NPC contact:||Ulvar Kypros|
|Quest acquired in:||The Vale of Twilight|
|Free to Play:||No|
You encounter the Fallen Temple, it is clear that it is not fully tainted by the evil of Shavarath's touch. Explore the temple's interior to discover how it is able to resist the vile embrace.
- Reaching The Fallen Temple automatically bestows the quest.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Cleanse temple of fiendish invaders
- Find the source of the fiendish creations
- Close the portal
- Reach the top of the shaft
- Search Behadil's chest
- Use Frokke's key
- Defeat the fiendish ambush
- Use the jeweled key
- Slay Khemko Sadanand
- (Optional) Slay Hadarach: (20% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Force traps at random gates; the box is usually on the left side of the door. These traps, once active, switch off permanently after approximately 30 seconds if you haven't a trapper in your party.
Tips and Misc
- Hadarach comes out of the portal at the beginning of the quest if you fight the mobs long enough. He drops the Gold Key that opens the locked chest at the end.
- Every non-boss monster in this quest can be banished, so bring your banishing weapons and the banishment spell.
- A feather fall item is essential as well.
- When jumping to climb the shafts, it may be beneficial to remove your jump items. Too high of a jump skill can cause you to hit your head on the above ledge and get pushed off.
- Walking over the patches of gravel will cause fiendish bats and scorpions to spawn (hirelings and summons do not seem to trigger them however); watch for them and either jump over them, or stick to the edge of the walls where the stone floor is exposed and you can avoid a lot of fighting.
- The bats and scorpions stop spawning after you kill the Gelatinous Cube (boss), so you may want to use the constant respawn of bats just before the cube to get the conquest bonus. This is also a quick method to farm bats for the Monster Manual
- There are many gems scattered in the dungeon. Picking them up will cause fiendish bats to spawn. Do not pick them up, if you want to avoid fighting.
- There are many enemy casters in this quest, and they frequently cast Dispel Magic. They often use Displacement, making counterattacks harder without True Seeing or similar effects.
- You'll often have to backtrack and go through the same area twice, so clearing mobs out the first time is a good idea, but invisibility can let you avoid a lot of fighting, especially in the shafts (some casters cast True Seeing once they engage you, so go invisible before you get any aggro).
- Aggression bonus: 282 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 367 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 453 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 25 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 40 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Bonus XP Notes: There are an insane amount of easy-to-kill monsters in this quest, and many are not easily avoidable due to dungeon alert and other concerns. So getting conquest is actually reasonable, however the fastest way to get it is to kill respawning bats near the gelatinous cube, and invis to avoid further other encounters that take longer.
Extremely short version
- .: D,U2,U2,D,D2,U1,U1,U1,D,U2 :.
- Assumptions: You are either clearing for CONQUEST or avoiding for ZERG finish.
- No guidance to tunnels - they are straight forward.
- 1. 1st shaft - optional first.
- 2. 2nd shaft - go to NORTH door.
- 3. 3rd shaft - go to SOUTH door.
- 4. 4th shaft - Drop, go to 2nd shaft.
- 5. Up to SOUTH door - get key 1.
- 6. Down to EAST door - get key 2.
- 7. Up to NORTH door, go to shaft 3.
- 8. Up to NORTH door - get key 3.
- 9. Up to SOUTH door, go to shaft 2.
- 10. Up to EAST door. END FIGHT.
- 1. Drop down the hole. Optionally kill Hadarach first to get the Gold Key (unlocks an extra chest at the end).
- Once you clear the room just camp on the portal killing mobs as they respawn until Hadarach shows up. Not difficult but it takes time on an already long quest, and the chest only drops standard loot.
- 2. Shaft A. Go up twice and take the passage leading north.
- 3. Shaft B. Go up twice and take the passage leading south.
- 4. Shrine shaft. Drop to bottom and take the passage leading east.
- On Normal difficulty, the shrine will most likely have reset by the time you loop around to it again, so use it if you need it.
- 5. Shaft A. Go up once, take the passage leading south and get the Iron Key (Behadil's Key).
- Use the rune to activate the air jets so you can ride the air jets in the lower half of shaft A if you happen to fall.
- 6. Shaft A. Go down thrice but not all the way to bottom (or drop to bottom and go up once), take the passage leading east, use the iron key to open locked door #1 and get the Silver Key (Frokke's Key).
- 7. Shaft A. Go up once (or ride the air jets twice) and take the passage leading north.
- 8. Shaft B. Go up once, take the passage leading north to the other shaft, go up, use the silver key to open locked door #2 and get the Jeweled Key (Gelatinous Cube's Key).
- This is the typical place where a party achieves conquest bonus. The Gelatinous Cube cannot fit through the door, so simply range it until its dead. There are infinite bat re-spawns at a relatively reasonable rate; set up a blade barrier on the spawn point and they won't be a problem. The spawns stop when the cube dies.
- Defeat the fiendish ambush when you return to shaft B. This is not an optional objective so killing these mobs is mandatory.
- Dimension Door can be used at this point to make the trip faster.
- 9. Shaft B. Go up once and take the passage leading south.
- 10. Shrine shaft. Drop to bottom (shrine here) and take the passage leading east.
- 11. Shaft A. Go all the way to the top, take the passage leading east, use the jeweled key to open locked door #3 and kill Khemko Sadanand. Optionally, if you have the gold key from step 1, you can open the locked chest.
Quick walkthrough on how to get to the end boss room (assuming all the keys were found and all the doors were opened):
- Drop down the hole → Shaft A (go up twice) → Shaft B (go up twice) → Shrine shaft (drop to bottom) → Shaft A (go all the way to the top) → End room
- Chests: 4
- 1 after slaying Behadil
- 1 after slaying Frokke
- 2 after end fight
- NPC rewards: Random item (up to 15th level accessories, up to 14th level weapons and armors)
- Fiend-Blood Bats
- Fiend-Blood Gnolls
- Fiend-Blood Scorpions
- Fiend-Blood Troglodyte Rangers
- Fiend-Blood Troglodyte Stalkers
- Fiend-Blood Troglodyte Theurges
- Fiend-Blood Troglodyte Warmasters
- Fiend-Blood Trolls
- Behadil - Orange-named gnoll; required kill. His chest contains the Iron Key
- Frokke - Orange-named troll; required kill. His chest contains the Silver Key
- Gelatinous Cube - Orange-named gelatinous cube; required kill. It drops the Jeweled Key upon death
- Hadarach - Optional named monster; drops Gold Key upon death
- Khemko Sadanand -Red-named tiefling; end boss