|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
From DDO wiki
|Heroic XP:||♦6,484 ♥6,819 ♠7,155|
|Takes place in:||Tempest's Spine|
|NPC contact:||Chaimberlain Cyrese Embree|
|Quest acquired in:||House Jorasco|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
- No flagging is required for this raid.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Defeat the storm giant summoner, Sor'jek Incanni
- (Optional) Obtain access to the rune in the Lair of Fire and Ice (10% base XP)
- (Optional) Gain access to the rune hidden in a flooded tunnel (10% base XP)
- (Optional) Obtain access to the rune in the Bridge of the Inevitable (10% base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Ranger A'tchkar (10% base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Sorcerer Vyikkus (10% base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Zerisenz (10% base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Wizard Llyndarus (10% base XP)
- (Optional) Purge the Mountaintop of foes (20% base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Puzzle (mandatory: tile puzzle)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Rune (mandatory: requires an INT check of ♠18)
- Levers (mandatory: require a STR check of ♠20)
- Locked doors (can be knocked/picked or can be skipped by taking another route and going outside)
- Monsters that have to be killed almost simultaneously (mandatory: 2, a Fire Reaver and an Ice Flenser)
Fire, Spinning Spike, Poison, Acid
Tips and Misc
- Tempest's Spine is often the first raid for new players. An experienced guide using voice chat is almost essential to a successful PUG raid party. If you are new to this raid, do be sure to speak up, and follow the leader's instruction.
- The raid is filled with fire-damaging enemies. Resist fire damage spells/items are a must.
- Several enemies will use poison.
- Several enemies (anticipate to meet two beholders throughout the caves) can cast Destruction or other death spells. Deathblock items may help.
- There is a very long dive in the quest. An underwater action item will be helpful. Most common strategy to solve this swim 'maze' is to keep the wall to your right.
- Lair of Fire and Ice:
- Some regard this part even harder than the final encounter. The Ice Flenser and the Fire Reaver at the ends of the two tunnels need to be slain almost simultaneously (within 30 seconds of each other).
- A common strategy is everyone staying inside the main chamber, while someone pulls or lures the Ice Flenser down first. Once the Flenser approaches, mages will drop Wall of Fire spells to kill the Flenser, then the party hurries down the other tunnel to kill the Fire Reaver.
- On the final boss:
- Clerics that cast Freedom of Movement, Resist Electricity, Resist Sonic, and Death Ward are very helpful.
- Remove Featherfalling gear before the final encounter. This will have you fall down faster if you get blown away by Sor'jek, and improve your chance of landing back onto the summit or the high mountainside instead of drifting away from the mountain to strange corners of the map where retrieval is difficult.
- Much like the final boss in Stormcleave Outpost, Sor'jek is a purple-named monster who is virtually impossible to fight or kill without solving the puzzle (which powers off his weather control ability) and using the runes you should have collected along the way. Runes control various of his abilities such as fast regeneration, physical immunity, and fire immunity. He can always be damaged by sonic damage and some weapon procs such as Pure Good.
- (At least in Elite) Sor'jek Incanni will eventually perform a full health refill. Cut him down as quick as possible if you see he has regained his weather control ability.
- Refer to videos on YouTube (spoilers) for useful guides on navigating throughout this quest.
- Tamper bonus: 4 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 5 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 6 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: ~80 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Ten minimum, thirteen possible
- Two in "Fire and Ice."
- One to the left through the door right after the fire elemental trap.
- One just before underwater swim for killing Clay Golem.
- One for killing a Clay Golem in a pocket to the right of the underwater swim.
- One to the left side of the first Beholder encounter for killing the Clay Golem.
- One near the shrine for killing the first Beholder.
- One near resurrection shrine for killing the Inevitable.
- Two after slaying Sor'jek Incanni for completion of the quest.
- Three possible orange-named bosses that can spawn a chest each.
- NPC rewards: Random item
Weapons and armor are ML8, accessories are ML9. All items are BtC.
- Choker of the Silver Tongue - Necklace: Yellow Augment Slot, Charisma +5, Diplomacy +10, Bluff +10, Intimidate +10 (Fire and Ice)
- Cloak of Invisibility - Cloak: Protection +2, Ghostly, Invisibility (spell), Green Augment Slot (A'tchkar)
- Elemental Mithral Breastplate - Breastplate: +3 Enhancement Bonus (AB: 11, MDB: 6), Mithral, Improved Cold Resistance, Improved Fire Resistance
- Enchanted Darkleaf Banded Armor - Banded Mail: +1 Enhancement Bonus (AB: 11, MDB: 3), Resistance Save +4
- Eternal Wand of Charm Monster - Wand: Charm Monster, UMD DC: 6
- Full Plate of Giants - Full plate: +5 Enhancement Bonus (AB: 18, MDB: 1), DR 5/-, Blue Augment Slot with Moderate Fortification (End Chest)
- Gleaming Adamantine Plate - Full plate: +5 Enhancement Bonus (AB: 18, MDB: 1), Adamantine, Command, Green Augment Slot with Proof Against Poison +4, (End Chest)
- Goggles of Perception - Goggles: Attack Bonus +2, Spot +10, Search +10, Colorless Augment Slot (Inevitable)
- Imbued Darkleaf Banded Armor - Banded mail: +3 Enhancement Bonus (AB: 9, MDB: 2), Darkleaf, Resistance Save +4
- Maelstrom - ML8, +3 Greataxe: Anarchic, Frost, Red Augment Slot, Purple Augment Slot (Fire and Ice)
- Nightblade - +4 Falchion: Byeshk, Keen, Red Augment Slot, Purple Augment Slot (Zerisenz)
- Robe of Arcane Power - Robe: Potency (End Chest)
- Robe of Arcane Puissance - Robe: Armor Bonus +6, Potency +40, Arcane Lore, Green Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot
- Robe of Potency - Robe: Armor Bonus +6, Potency +40, Arcane Lore, Green Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot
- Shining Adamantine Plate - Full plate: +4 Enhancement Bonus (AB: 17, MDB: 1), Command, Adamantine, Green Augment Slot with Proof Against Poison +2 [ML:8] (End Chest)
- Star of Irian - +4 Morningstar: 1.50[1d8] + 4, 19-20x2, Righteous, Holy, Red Augment Slot, Orange Augment Slot (Beholder Chest)
- Blackbone Marksmen
- Clay Golems
- Drow Assassins
- Drow Barbarian Shamans
- Drow Blackguards
- Drow Captains
- Drow Death Priests
- Drow Fighter/Wizards
- Drow Necromancers
- Drow Paladins
- Drow Prophets
- Drow Scorpions
- Drow Scorpion Clerics
- Drow Scorpion Wizards
- Enraged Rust Monsters
- Fire Giants
- Fire Giant Slayers
- Fire Reavers
- Flesh Renders
- Greater Fire Elemental
- Greater Fire Mephits
- Greater Ice Mephits
- Hill Giant Soothsayers
- Huge Rust Monsters
- Ice Flensers
- Iron Golems
- Large Rust Monster
- Mephits of Fernia
- Mephits of Risia
- Thaarak Hounds
- A'tchkar - Optional orange-named drow; always spawns
- Fire Reaver - Orange-named fire reaver - "Fire"; required kill
- Ice Flenser - Orange-named ice flenser - "Ice"; required kill
- Llyndarus - Optional orange-named drow rare
- Sor'jek Incanni - Purple-named storm giant; raid boss
- Vyikkus - Optional orange-named drow rare
- Zerisenz - Optional orange-named drow rare