Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Takes place in:||Stromvauld's Mine|
|Bestowed by:||Laird Stromvauld|
|NPC contact:||Laird Stromvauld|
|Quest acquired in:||Anvilfire Inn|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Laird Stromvauld's engineers have gone missing. After two parties failed to return from their expeditions, no one has been willing to enter the mine to discern their whereabouts. Unwilling to write his men off, Stromvauld has hired you to search for any traces of the engineers missing within the mine.
- Locate the missing engineers (11 total)
- Defeat the drow leader, Xandria Lok'kalerin
- Free the chief engineer
- (optional) Collect the remaining rare gems (5 total) +40% Bonus.
- (optional) Destroy the elementals (4 Greater Earth Elementals) +25% Bonus.
- (optional) Kill Milos Baron +20% Bonus.
- (optional) Kill Boro Charldon +20% Bonus.
- (optional) Kill Deqren Marzat +20% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Stat check (optional: 1 lever that requires a STR check)
- Quest item collection (mandatory: 11 corpses and optional: 5 gems)
Five total. Several fire traps (furnaces); one wind gust, panel is in the rocks on the climb up; one lightning, panel is on the near side. Many can be disabled, avoid walking in front of things that look like they can shoot fire (furnace).
Tips and Misc
- The drow hunters do extra cold damage; the wizards use lightning.
- The optionals can more than double your final XP and are well worth doing; in particular, the three optional boss fights are fairly easy (you can range them from higher up).
- The gate to the earth elementals are opened with a strength based lever. STR needed to open: 19.
- The earth elementals can be an extremely tough battle; all four wake up as soon as you open the chest, and at least one will be close enough to attack immediately. The loot in the chest is decent, however, as is the XP bonus.
- The corpses you need to find can be hard to spot from a distance, since they are almost the same color as the floor in many cases. Keep a careful eye out for them.
- The optional missing gems spawn in random locations; keep your eyes open as they are worth a full 40% of your base XP.
- When you descend down the ladder to the room where the first drow peasants are laboring away, two greater fire elementals will spawn if you climb back up the ladder.
- The final objective, "free the chief engineer", doesn't appear in your objectives list until you open the gate at the end of the quest
- Aggression bonus: 37 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 49 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 guarded by earth elementals (they awaken upon opening the chest)
- 1 for killing Boro Charldon and Milos Baran (Elite only)
- 1 locked close to the end, on a ledge on the same level as the broken elevator
- 1 at the end for killing Xandria Lok'kalerin (Drow)
- NPC rewards: In the +2 / +3 range
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 14:51:35 result from cache, age: 23:05:07 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)