|Heroic XP:||♦2,752 ♥2,908 ♠3,064|
|Takes place in:||Stromvauld's Mine|
|Bestowed by:||Laird Stromvauld|
|NPC contact:||Laird Stromvauld|
|Quest acquired in:||Anvilfire Inn|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Laird Stromvauld's engineers have gone missing. After two parties failed to return from their expeditions, no one has been willing to enter the mine to discern their whereabouts. Unwilling to write his men off, Stromvauld has hired you to search for any traces of the engineers missing within the mine.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Locate the missing engineers (11 total)
- Defeat the drow leader, Xandria Lok'kalerin
- Free the chief engineer
- (optional) Collect the remaining rare gems - 40% of base XP (5 total)
- (optional) Destroy the elementals - 25% of base XP (4 Greater Earth Elementals)
- (optional) Kill Milos Baron - 20% of base XP
- (optional) Kill Boro Charldon - 20% of base XP
- (optional) Kill Deqren Marzat - 20% of base XP
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Stat check (optional: 1 lever that requires a STR check)
- Quest item collection (mandatory: 11 corpses and optional: 5 gems)
Several fire traps (furnaces); one lightning. Many can be disabled, avoid walking in front of things that look like they can shoot fire (furnace).
Tips and Misc
- The drow hunters do extra cold damage; the wizards use lightning.
- The optionals can more than double your final XP and are well worth doing; in particular, the three optional boss fights are fairly easy (you can range them from higher up).
- The gate to the earth elementals are opened with a strength based lever. STR needed to open: 19.
- The earth elementals can be an extremely tough battle; all four wake up as soon as you open the chest, and at least one will be close enough to attack immediately. The loot in the chest is decent, however, as is the XP bonus.
- The corpses you need to find can be hard to spot from a distance, since they are almost the same color as the floor in many cases. Keep a careful eye out for them.
- The optional missing gems spawn in random locations, keep your eyes open as they are worth a full 40% of your base XP.
- When you descend down the ladder to the room where the first drow peasants are laboring away, two greater fire elementals will spawn if you climb back up the ladder.
- The final objective, "free the chief engineer", doesn't appear in your objectives list until you open the gate at the end of the quest
- Aggression bonus: 37 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 49 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 guarded by earth elementals (they awaken upon opening the chest)
- 1 locked close to the end, on a ledge on the same level as the broken elevator
- 1 at the end for killing Xandria Lok'kalerin (Drow)
- NPC rewards: In the +2 / +3 range
- Death Stalker - Scorpion
- Drow Barbarians
- Drow Barbarian Shamans
- Drow Bards
- Drow Captains
- Drow Guardians
- Drow Hunters
- Drow Man-at-Arms
- Drow Peasants
- Drow Priests
- Drow Slayers
- Drow Warriors
- Drow Wizards
- Greater Earth Elementals
- Greater Fire Elementals
- Large Rust Monsters
- Monarch Scorpions
- Night Scorpions