|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
|Warning - The information on this page might be inaccurate due to game update.|
|If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking the edit link above|
|If you can verify that all the information on this page has been updated correctly, please edit this page and remove this template|
|Please help improve this page.
You can help by editing this page. Please see the talk page for suggestions.
 Spell critical
Unlike weapon critical, your base chance to make spell critical is 0%. Unless you have some sort of spell critical equipment or enhancement (to your critical chance), you never score a spell critical. Your base critical multiplier is x1.5. The damage number on the screen is shown with larger font when spell critical is scored.
Critical hits dealt by the spell are rolled each time a damage effect is applied rather than only when the spell is cast. For Fireball, spell critical is rolled and applied per enemy within the area of effect. For Magic Missile, spell critical is rolled and applied per tick of damage.
Spell criticals are applied only on straight spell damage to your enemy HP (or healing on your ally). Your Jump buff doesn't crit and give greater bonus to your skill. Your Energy Drain doesn't crit and give 6 negative levels instead of 4.
 Spell critical enhancements
 Spell Critical Chance enhancements
Spellcasting classes can take following to increase their spell critical chance. Tier I gives +4%, after II +1% each, up to 9% at tier VI.
- Corrosive Spellcasting I-VI
- Glacial Spellcasting I-VI
- Charged Spellcasting I-VI
- Combustive Spellcasting I-VI
- Kinetic Spellcasting I-VI
- Reconstructive Spellcasting I-VI
- Cleric/Favored Soul
 Spell Critical Damage enhancements
Spellcasting classes can also take following to increase their spell critical multiplier. Tier I gives +0.25, after II +0.10 each, up to +0.75 at tier VI, giving a total bonus of 1.25 (0.50 base + 0.75). Hence with Tier VI you would crit for x2.25 damage with the corresponding spells.
- Deadly Acid I-VI
- Deadly Ice I-VI
- Deadly Shocks I-VI
- Deadly Flame I-VI
- Deadly Kinetics I-VI
- Mighty Reconstruction I-VI
- Cleric/Favored Soul
 Spell Lore
- Spell lore enchantments can be commonly found as a suffix on randomly-generated Quarterstaffs (with the Thaumaturgy prefix) and Scepters. Spell Lore can be found on all types of randomly-generated weapons, but these are much rarer compared to quarterstaffs/scepters. Spell lore can also more rarely be found on randomly-generated armor and shields as a prefix.
- Superior tier Lore can only be found on level 20+ named items and level 21+ randomly-generated items.
- Arcane Lore cannot be found on randomly-generated items. See each detail page for list of named items.
- Radiance Lore can only be found on (Epic) Luminous Truth, Alchemical Mystical tier 2, and on randomly-generated armor/shields. Only Major and Superior exist; Minor-Greater currently does not exist.
- Superior Arcane Lore currently does not exist in game.
- The Archmage set bonus (Rahkir's Sash and Rahkir's Ring) includes a +0.50x increase to critical damage multiplier for all spells. By having both Greater Arcane Lore and this set bonus, you virtually benefit from Major Arcane Lore, which is +9% and +0.50x. This tricky way became half-meaningless after U17 which Flawless Blue Dragon Scale Armors appeared as we can take Major Arcane Lore.
|Fire spells||Minor Fire Lore||Lesser Fire Lore||Fire Lore||Greater Fire Lore||Major Fire Lore||Superior Fire Lore|
|Cold spells||Minor Ice Lore||Lesser Ice Lore||Ice Lore||Greater Ice Lore||Major Ice Lore||Superior Ice Lore|
|Electricity spells||Minor Lightning Lore||Lesser Lightning Lore||Lightning Lore||Greater Lightning Lore||Major Lightning Lore||Superior Lightning Lore|
|Acid spells||Minor Acid Lore||Lesser Acid Lore||Acid Lore||Greater Acid Lore||Major Acid Lore||Superior Acid Lore|
|Sonic spells||Minor Sonic Lore||Lesser Sonic Lore||Sonic Lore||Greater Sonic Lore||Major Sonic Lore||Superior Sonic Lore|
|Negative energy||Minor Void Lore||Lesser Void Lore||Void Lore||Greater Void Lore||Major Void Lore||Superior Void Lore|
|Force spells||Minor Kinetic Lore||Lesser Kinetic Lore||Kinetic Lore||Greater Kinetic Lore||Major Kinetic Lore||Superior Kinetic Lore|
|Repair spells||Minor Repair Lore||Lesser Repair Lore||Repair Lore||Greater Repair Lore||Major Repair Lore||Superior Repair Lore|
|Healing spells (Positive energy)||Minor Healing Lore||Lesser Healing Lore||Healing Lore||Greater Healing Lore||Major Healing Lore||Superior Healing Lore|
|Light spells||Non-existent||Non-existent||Non-existent||Non-existent||Major Radiance Lore||Superior Radiance Lore|
|Universal||Minor Arcane Lore||Lesser Arcane Lore||Arcane Lore||Greater Arcane Lore||Major Arcane Lore||Non-existent|