|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Once per rest period, a Paladin may attempt to Smite evil with one normal melee attack. The number of times a Paladin can Smite Evil increases by 1 at level 5 and 10 and can be further increased by taking the Extra Smite Evil Enhancement. Smite evil also recharges at the rate of 1 every 90 seconds.
Adds Charisma modifier x 2 to your attack roll (that uses the best attack bonus in a normal attack sequence) and deals extra damage based on your paladin level. A Paladin with 12 Charisma (+1 modifier) and BAB 0 would add 2 (1 x 2 + 0) to the attack roll. A Paladin with 20 CHA (+5 modifier) and BAB 10 would add 30 (5 x 2 + 20) to the attack roll (because the 4th attack is at BAB+10 = 20).
The extra damage done is 7 + (3 x paladin level). For example a 6th level paladin does 7 + (3 x 6) (or 25) extra damage on a successful smite. If the paladin accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, or is not in range, the smite has no effect, but the ability is still used up.
- Before smiting, buff yourself with Eagle's Splendor and Divine Favor, and activate the Paladin Action Boost to-hit enhancement.
- Power Attack works very well in conjunction with smite because the bonus from the Charisma modifier offsets the -5 attack penalty.
- Use a weapon with a x3 critical multiplier, such as a Khopesh or Carnifex, or a weapon with a large threat range such as a Scimitar, to take full advantage of a deadly critical smite.
- Two handed weapons are effective at smiting due to the extra damage from your Strength modifier.
- Two-weapon attacks gain extra benefit because if an offhand attack procs, Smite will benefit both attacks.