|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Dozens have been taken from Korthos Village, never to be seen again except as slaves of the Devourer, lusting only to spill the blood of their former neighbours.
|Heroic XP:||♣324 ♦540 ♥584 ♠628|
|Takes place in:||Cannith Aquaduct|
|NPC contact:||Viggie Storr (Korthos Village)|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Island|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Mayor Viggie Storr sent you to rescue his daughter, and many other Korthos villagers who have been kidnapped by the Devourer Sahuagin and Cultists.
They are being held in the Cannith Aqueduct. To reach the Aqueduct, you must travel through the Korthos Island wilderness to the Eastern-most point of the island. You must find a path to climb up the cliff there. The entrance to the Aqueduct is at the top of the cliff.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find and rescue Arissa
- (Optional) Rescue all the villagers - 10 total (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Drenyl Fallow (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Put to rest the skeletal mage (20% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spikes & blades - in north heading tunnel after climbing ladder from shrine passage; control box is along the western wall.
Tips and Misc
- This adventure is easier than most of this level.
- This quest is a reworking of the Sewer Rescue quest from the original harbor area.
- The villagers are being held in two areas: in the room with the two bridges (in cells on either end of the room), and at the end of the quest.
- Sab Vurl may appear in the NW corner of the room with bridge over water, after you pull the second lever (in the space with the lever to free the first set of villagers).
- The Skeletal Mage is across the corridor with the shrine room; to get to him, you have to hop across the rafters, starting at the southern end.
- Drenyl Fallow is past the closed gate to the west, near the end; Arissa can sometimes be found there instead of in the cells at the end.
- The cultists just after the first area of captives respawn every three minutes or so, making the Conquest bonus possible. Assigning a hireling to attack the respawns in this corner can save some time while the rest of the party goes on ahead.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 29 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 38 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 47 monsters killed
- Mischief bonus: 27 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 35 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 43 breakables smashed
- Map notes:
- Arissa can spawn at one of two locations: either in the right-hand cell with the second group of captured villagers or next to Drenyl Fallow. Both possible locations are marked on the map.
- Chests: 3 - 4
- 1 behind a locked door, underwater, where the bridges are (can use Knock from up top facing the door)
- 1 for killing Sab Vurl (Sahuagin caster, doesn't always spawn, found in the northwest corner of the room with bridge over water, after you pull the second lever)
- 1 optional for killing the Skeletal Mage (found across the corridor with the shrine room; to get to him, you have to hop across the rafters, starting at the southern end)
- 1 optional for killing Drenyl Fallow (Human Necromancer, found past the closed gate to the west, near the end)
- NPC rewards: Half of the Korthos Island set (the other half comes from Misery's Peak end reward)
- Anger's Step - Boots: Expeditious Retreat, Jump +3, Set Bonus [To-Hit Bonus +2 (untyped, stacks with competence)]
- Arcane Goggles - Goggles: Concentration +3, Power I, Set Bonus [15% improvement to 1st level spells]
- Archivist's Goggles - Goggles: Concentration +3, Power I, Set Bonus [Spell Points +20]
- Devoted Goggles - Goggles: Heal +3, Power I, Set Bonus [+20% Healing to 1st level spells]
- Nimble Grasp - Gloves: Tumble +3, Striding 5%, Set Bonus [To-Hit Bonus +1, +2 Damage to Sneak Attacks]
- Pathfinder's Boots - Boots: Tumble +3, Striding 5%, Set Bonus [To-Hit Bonus +2]
- Protector's Gloves - Gloves: Intimidate +3, DR 1/-, Set Bonus [Light Fortification, Insight AC Bonus +1]
- Troubleshooter's Goggles - Goggles: Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +3, Set Bonus [Open Lock +3, Disable Device +3, Insight Bonus to all Saves +1]
- Arcane Skeleton - CR 2 (casual, normal), 4 (hard), 7 (elite)
- Devourer Minion - CR 0.25 (casual, normal), 1 (hard), 3 (elite)
- Sahuagin Adept - CR 1 (casual, normal), 2 (hard), 4 (elite)
- Sahuagin Warrior - CR 1 (casual, normal), 2 (hard), 4 (elite)
- Sahuagin Whelp - CR 0.5 (casual, normal), 1 (hard), 2 (elite))
- Small Brown Spider - CR 0.25 (casual, normal), 0.5 (hard), 1 (elite)