|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Refuge in the Storm
 How to start this story arc
Talk to Aurben, in the Marketplace (paths between Cydonie and Genecia), and get the quest Refuge in the Storm. You have to be at least level 13 to do this. He will direct you to the Flying Ortorga, which you can access by speaking to Captain Agamon atop the Falconers Spire in the north end of the marketplace.
 On board the airship
On board the Airship you will see three green stars on the map. The one located to SW is the one that leads to the Reaver's Refuge. Simply jump off the Airship and aim for it while skydiving - no need for water breathing or Feather Fall yet as you will hit water. Upon doing so keep diving towards the crack until the cursor turns into a door icon. While diving get Feather Fall going. As soon as you enter the area you will find yourself mid air dropping again. There's a 'bridge' running across the room; aim for it while dropping. If you succeed on that continue running and find Stormreaver sitting. Talk to him and get the fly spell cast on you. Then head out and fly to Ternathear's Inner Lair in the east upper area of the town.
If you don't succeed in landing on the 'bridge' you will hit water and there are two very small 'islands' that have geysers on them. Simply jump on the one closest to the 'bridge' and let the geyser throw you up in air. Keep your FF item on, as you will otherwise suffer heavy fall damage if you miss and don't hit the water again. Alternatively, if you swim around, you will find a ramp up out of the water.
 Reaver's Refuge town
There are three levels in the area. Ground floor, 2nd floor and 3rd floor. Having a feather fall item, scroll, or spell is a good idea but not a necessity.
Ground floor is a small town area where you can find a tavern, banker, and entrances to Aussircaex's Valley, Mount Reysalon, and Soami Gardens. Each entrance area contains one quest giver and a portal to the explorer area containing that dungeon. They are located east, west and north on the ground floor.
3rd floor is where Thear and Toriavic are located. Thear is the quest giver and opener for Stealer of Souls. Toriavic is the one you give the dragon essences to in order to be able to enter Stealer of Souls.
In order to get started on Dragon Touched armor you first need to complete the 'Stealer of Souls' quest, which flags you for using the Dragontouched Armor vendor.
- Talk to Aurben, in the Marketplace (paths between Cydonie and Genecia), and get the quest Refuge in the Storm. You have to be at least level 13 to do this.
- Then go to NPC Captain Agamon at the top of the Spire (in the Marketplace); he flies you to Siber Atoll. Jump down from the airship, swim down into the water and enter the crevice to enter the Reaver's Refuge town area.
- Find the Stormreaver in his refuge and click on him to complete the Refuge in the Storm quest. He tells you that Sor'jek (formerly known as Tempest's Spine's boss and the Stormreaver's lieutenant) became a lich and must be defeated. Optionally, the Stormreaver can give you a fly buff to let you check around and more easily find Ternathear's Inner Lair in the east upper area of the town.
- Ternathear gives you a quest, The Essence of a Dragon, and asks you to collect gems found in the Exploration Zones. The gems drop out of rare encounter treasure chests in these zones. Once you get gems and turn them in, you never need to repeat this process. As of Module 9, you only need any three of these six gems. (Additional gems may be sold.)
- Obtain Dragonshard Essences from Enter the Kobold, Prey on the Hunter and Monastery of the Scorpion. Turn them in to Toriavic, an NPC next to Thear. A complete set of Essences is required for each time you run the quest (reflagging).
- After completing this quest once, you may purchase any Dragonshard Essence from the Vorace the Dragontouched Vendor in the crafting section in exchange for Draconic Runes