|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Mineshaft IV is the heart of the duergar's mining operation on Ataraxia's Haven.
|Heroic XP:||♣1,788 ♦3,140 ♥3,300 ♠3,459|
|Takes place in:||Mineshaft IV|
|NPC contact:||Leros Levithas|
|Quest acquired in:||Ataraxia's Haven|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Leros Levithas told you about the Duergar's incessant strip mining of Ataraxia's Haven. Of particular interest was Mineshaft IV, a location where the Duergar have reportedly found adamantine. Leros asked you to go there, disrupt their mining operation and destroy the Duergar foreman leading the dig.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Explore the duergar mine
- Disable the steam furnaces that keep the Foreman's Chamber sealed - 3 total
- Slay Overseer Drukh
- Slay Overseer Heggir
- Slay Overseer Nifnin
- Slay Foreman Tanrel
- (Optional) Destroy the duergar mining supplies - 35 total (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Destroy the duergar explosives - 10 total (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Destroy the duergar water supplies - 40 total (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Detritus (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Scour (20% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Overlapping floors
- Stat checks (mandatory: 3, require STR checks)
None - but that dark area straight ahead from the entrance is a hole, not a shadow.
Tips and Misc
- Heavy Fortification is highly recommended for this quest. The duergar use Heavy Picks, which do quadruple damage on a critical hit.
- Dropping down a shaft and clearing your way up is the most prudent way to go. Firewall/blade barrier doorway and pull mobs up, avoiding archer fire.
- Duergar archers use acid arrows.
- 18 STR required to complete quest (18 on elite).
- Water breathing is likely necessary for shrine/Foreman access.
- When you finish out of the quest, the Duergars outside are likely to have respawned.
- Overseer Drukh and the water supplies (vases) are in the topmost furnace room.
- Overseer Heggir and the explosives (explosive barrels) are in the central furnace room.
- Overseer Nifnin and the mining supplies are in the deepest furnace room.
- Scour may appear (along with another rust monster) between the topmost and central furnace rooms.
- Detritus may appear between the deepest furnace room and the Foreman's room.
- The end fight is extremely tough, with the Overseer and about a dozen duergar - try to lure them close to the shrine to make sure you can run back (this also will help keep Detritus quiescent until the duergar are taken care of)
Walkthrough (thanks mainly to )
- Acid resist against the duergar scouts' arrows
- Fire resist against the Adamantine Defenders' fire breath
- Way #1: Bottom up
- Get some feather fall on, it's time to go for a flight. Or, if you feel like a high dive, just jump off. See that dark patch ahead, well it is a pit that drops all the way down the shaft to a pool of water. Start down there and we can work our way back up.
- From the bottom of the drop, there are two ways you can swim. West will take you up the mine shaft. Under the water to the south takes you to a shrine and to the, currently locked, main base of the duergar.
- Starting to the west, begin working your way up the mine shaft, clearing as you go. There are three side passages on the way up with a large duergar mining force, a foreman and a huge valve (strength based). You have to defeat the foremen and turn the valves in all three rooms. This will open the door underwater do the south.
- When you are ready, shrine up and head on through. Defeat the Overseer to complete the quest.
- Way #2: Top down
- Buff up and pull the lever next to where you come in. The rolling door will open and you get jumped by a bunch of duergar. Take them out and head on down.
- When you get to the first three-way intersection:
- South takes you towards the start of the quest (except it doesn't, because there's a big hole in between you and it)
- North takes you to a room with a large duergar mining force, a foreman and a huge valve (strength based). You have to defeat the foreman and turn the valve. Smash the vases for the optional (Destroy the duergar water supplies - these count towards breakables too). Head on back to the intersection and go west.
- Continue down the winding passage. You may encounter Scour, a named rust monster. He doesn't have a chest.
- Mind that you don't run off into space; the tunnel criss-crosses a few times, and that central shaft goes right through the passage in a couple of spots.
- Keep heading down, taking out the foremen in the other two side rooms. When you get to the bottom of the ramp and hit the water, put on some sort of underwater item and swim to the south for the shrine.
- Shrine up and head through the door. Take on all the guys, kill the Overseer and loot the chests.
- Aggression bonus: 51 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 67 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 83 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 45 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 58 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 72 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 chest in the western (central mining) room
- 2 end chests for killing Foreman Tanrel (Duergar)
- Collectables: Four
- Mushroom in the SE corner of the topmost room
- Mushroom in the SE corner of the central furnace room
- Mushroom on the western wall (upper level) in the deepest furnace room
- Rubble in the SW corner of the final room
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Adamantine Defenders
- Duergar Miners (Melee - wield pickaxes)
- Duergar Scouts (Ranged - wield bows)
- Duergar Surveyors (Melee - wield warhammers)
- Large Rust Monster
- Detritus - Optional orange-named earth elemental; spawns in the final fight
- Foreman Tanrel - Red-named duergar; end boss
- Overseer Drukh - Orange-named duergar; required kill, in the topmost furnace room
- Overseer Heggir - Orange-named duergar; required kill, in the central furnace room
- Overseer Nifnin - Orange-named duergar; required kill, in the deepest furnace room
- Scour - Optional orange-named rust monster rare