|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Protect Baudry's Interests
From DDO wiki
Baudry Cartamon is no simple trader. He has earned the respect of the Houses as well as the Coin Lords.
|Protect Baudry's Interests|
|Heroic XP:||♣228 ♦408 ♥436 ♠464|
|Takes place in:||Cartamon's Shipping Warehouse|
|NPC contact:||Baudry Cartamon|
|Quest acquired in:||The Wayward Lobster|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
- Chapter 1 of the story arc A Man Named Baudry Cartamon.
- After talking to Baudry -- "Baudry asked you to lend a hand to one of his workers, Tambor Smythe. Tambor may be found outside outside of Cartamon's Shipping Warehouse, which is just up the street to the east of the Wayard Lobster."
- After talking to Tambor -- "Enter Cartamon's warehouse, then defend the reinforced crate from the kobolds intent on plunder. While you hold off the looters, Tambor will set traps to discourage the kobolds from trespassingon Baudry's property again!"
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Allow Tambor enough time to set his traps (5 minutes)
- Protect the crate from the kobold raiders
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Timed quest (5 minutes)
- Protect a quest item (crate)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the crate is destroyed)
- Dart trap protecting the chest in the southeast corner; the box is on the south wall near the crate
Tips and Misc
- After speaking to Baudry to get the quest, make sure to speak to Tambor Smythe outside the warehouse before you go in.
- The kobolds will mostly go after the box. Don't let them hit it too much or you fail. You'll know if you're close to failing when the box starts looking raggedy.
- Kobold Shamans start appear with about 1:30 left; they can do a *lot* of damage to the box, especially on Elite, in a very short time.
- Shamans spawn in the SW corner. Sneaks tend to spawn in the north corners, especially the NW. Fighters tend to spawn in the East corners, especially the SE.
- There's a bit of a hollow just south of the chest, from which players can safely loot it.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression Bonus: 56 monsters killed
- Mischief bonus: 38 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 50 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 61 breakables smashed
- Chests: 1
- 1 trapped chest found in the southeast corner, on top of some crates
- Collectables: Two
- Mushroom along the western wall
- Cabinet along the eastern wall
- NPC rewards: None. There is no end reward until the end of the story arc.