With the Precise Shot feat, your targeted ranged attacks pass through friend and foe alike to strike your target (no damage will be done other than to your target). This feat also grants you the Offensive Ranged Stance Archer's Focus, which lets you deal progressively more damage with ranged attacks while standing still.
Offensive Ranged Stance: While stationary, you gain Archer's Focus: Up to once every 2 seconds, you gain +2% competence bonus to missile damage. This effect can stack up to 15 times (for a total of +30% damage). Moving or using the Manyshot ability clears the stack.
Note: The stacks decay at a rate of one per 5 seconds while not attacking. Also, the description claims to erase the stack if you move; however, the stack continues to build even if moving. The Manyshot ability also does not stop the stack from building.
update 18: Moving and use Manyshot ability (not confirmed) makes the stack stop building, but does not clears it
- Without this feat your ranged attack projectiles attempt to hit the first enemy they collide with along their trajectory.
- A ranger gets this feat for free at level 4, even if he does not meet the prerequisites.
- An Artificer may select this feat as one of his artificer bonus feats.
- A Fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.
- Usage: Active
- Prerequisite: Granted when you gain Precise Shot.
Active - Combat Stance: If you have been stationary for 5 seconds, you gain Archer's Focus: While using a ranged weapon, you gain a 5% bonus to missile damage every 5 seconds, to a max 25%. Moving or using the Manyshot ability removes this effect, and your focus ends if you do not attack with a ranged weapon for 5 seconds. (Note: You can only gain charges of Archer's Focus on the first shot in a volley of a repeating weapon.)
Update 18 change