|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Maze of Madness
|Requires access to adventure pack: Ruins of Gianthold|
This labyrinth is inhabited by Forsworn minotaurs that have been driven mad from an overexposure to the madstone crater.
|The Maze of Madness|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,980 ♦3,620 ♥3,780 ♠3,940|
|Epic XP:||♣12,554 ♦16,070 ♥16,310 ♠16,550|
|Takes place in:||Minotaur Lair|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Gianthold|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
The minotaurs that surrounded this underground encampment were more aggressive than most minotaurs you've encountered. This could be attributed to the stories you've heard about the Madstone Crater. Explore this lair, but be careful, getting lost might not be the only thing that drives you mad.
- Reaching Minotaur Encampment entrance automatically bestows quest.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with No-tar the giant
- Discover the path through the labyrinth
- Slay the agents of insanity (3 total)
- Slay Malkian the Mad
- (Optional) Defeat Eidolon Darkmist: (15% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Maze (fixed layout)
- Randomly placed levers
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (mandatory: pulling a lever traps the player/hireling that used it but allows the rest of the party to advance, turning a second lever frees the trapped player/hireling)
A lot of spike traps and blade traps
Tips and Misc
- Two players (or a henchman if you're running solo) are required for this quest; there are several spots where you need to flip a switch to open a gate to a new area, but doing so traps you in the room. There will be a switch in the new area to open the door releasing the trapped player (or simply have the henchman teleport to you).
- Useful elemental buffs:
- Normal: electric, fire, sonic
Walkthrough (thanks to Lost Leader)
Work your way through the maze by pulling the correct door-opening lever and finding a couple of secret doors in the rock wall along the way. Anywhere there is more than one lever for a door, there is a trap. Disarm the trap to make it safe to pull all the levers to find the correct ones.
Razor cats have a damage reduction of 10/bludgeon and have a damage shield that does slashing damage on a failed reflex save.
The quest is easy to work through, a small bit of logic will get you through the water gate, other than that it is pretty linear. When you get to the overpass be careful of traps. When you get to the path over the room of the caster, kill him but don’t drop down. Save that trap for last and you can finish out from there.
Head further in, the end room is just down the ramp and ahead. Finish it up, grab your loot, backtrack and drop down to the chest you skipped.
The end chest will have 1 Ancient Giant Relic.
- Bonus XP:
- Observance bonus: 1 secret door discovered
- Tamper bonus: ?? traps disabled
- Neutralization bonus: 12 traps disabled
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 16 traps disabled
- Mischief bonus: 34 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 46 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 55 breakables smashed
- There are many random traps, control panels and levers but because of the sheer number of them (25-30 of each type) they are not marked on the map.
- Chests: 3
- 1 behind a secret door in the eastern cave
- 1 optional in the maze for killing Eidolon Darkmist (Human, found in the NE part of the maze)
- 1 at the end for killing Malkian the Mad (Minotaur, found in the northern cave)
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Dust Mephits
- Forsworn Aspirants
- Forsworn Heros
- Forsworn Liege-Lords
- Forsworn Mystics
- Greater Dust Mephits
- Razor Cats