|Check out the new Discord server for all DDO players! Follow to the chat!|
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Boss: Purple Named - Powerful Boss
- Attack Bonus:
- Attack Damage:
- Spellcasting - See below
- Special Abilities - See below
- HP: (Tested: pre u12 test here (U12 lowered elite hp only)
- DR: DR/Silver and Good,
- Fortification: 50%
- Saves: Fort Very high, Will High, Reflex Moderate
- Resists/Immunities: Immunity to Fire. Resistance ~30-100 to cold and acid.
- Spell Resistance:
- Intimidate DC:
- True Seeing
Habitat: Tower of Despair
Description: The Judge <Judge of Shavarath> is one of the raid bosses of the Tower of Despair raid, introduced in Module 9. You'll first encounter him along with his partner the Jailer in the Tower's first level..
- Save DC ~30-44 (Doesn't have heighten)
- Chain Lightning (Casts very frequently)
- Enervation (Casts often)
- Greater Dispel Magic (Ultra rarely cast)
- Binding Chains (Severely slows run/melee speed. Used more often when at low hp)
On Normal/hard: Likely lower than on elite as it's unlikely he has maximize/empower on these settings.
On Elite: As a level 36 caster using Maximize and Empower. However his one damaging spell - Chain Lightning caps at CL20. Thus the Judge does around 2.5 * 20d3+60 (80-120) =200-300 damage or 250 average lightning damage.
Additional Special Abilities/Special Qualities
- Powerful Wing Buffet: Very frequently he will raise his wings and sent all nearby players flying across the arena. Being the first floor of the Tower of Despair is riddled with traps this can be very devastating. Be careful about where you choose to engage him!
- Cursed Wounds: Each time the Judge strikes you, he has a chance to permanantly curse you preventing you from being healed by positive energy (repair effects will still work on Warforged). This happens every time he lands a critical hit, and his threat range is fairly decent, likely 17+. The only way to prevent this is having him miss you - either through high armor class, or the spell Cloudkill. Remove it with standard Remove Curse potions, spells, scrolls or wands.
- Teleportation: He will very frequently use this to reach whoever he may be agro'd on if they are out of range of his melee attacks. This also causes a complete reset of his agro, so watch out.
- Shavarath Environmental Effects: Since you encounter him on his home plane, he cannot be banished. He also gains similar effects to Greater Heroism at all times. Luckily you also gain the benefits of Shavarath effects - This confers most of the benefits, namely +4 to attack rolls, saves and skills, but does not confer immunity to fear, nor bonus hitpoints.