Alignment: Lawful Evil
Boss: Purple Named - Powerful Boss
Rare: NoCR: ♦26 ♥30 ♠36
- Attack Bonus: ♦~70
- Attack Damage: ♦~40-80 ♥~50-80 ♠~70-105
- Special Abilities - See below
- HP: ♦~118k ♥~160k ♠~325k (Tested: here)
- AC: ( ♠~40-55)
- DR: DR20/Good, on all difficulties
- Fortification: ~50%
- Saves: Fort Very high, Will High, Reflex Poor
- Resists/Immunities: Immune to fire. Resistance ~30-100 to cold and acid.
- Spell Resistance: ♦~36
- Intimidate DC: ♦~50
- True Seeing
Habitat: Tower of Despair
Description: The Jailer <Jailer of Shavarath> is one of the raid bosses of the Tower of Despair raid, introduced in Module 9. You'll first encounter him along with his partner the Judge in the Tower's first level..
None. The Jailer is a standard Orthon, just a bit larger and stronger then your average orthon.
Additional Spells/Special Abilities
- Powerful Stomp Knockback: Very frequently he will raise his foot into the air and perform a mighty stomp which will send all nearby players flying across the arena. Since the first floor of the Tower of Despair is riddled with traps this can be very devastating. Be careful about where you choose to engage him!
- Teleportation: He will infrequently use this to reach whoever he may be agro'd on if they are out of range of his melee attacks. This also causes a complete reset of his agro, so watch out.
- Shavarath Environmental Effects: Since you encounter him on his home plane, he cannot be banished. He also gains similar effects to Greater Heroism at all times. Luckily you also gain the benefits of Shavarath effects - This confers most of the benefits, namely +4 to attack rolls, saves and skills, but does not confer immunity to fear, nor bonus hitpoints.